Bernsen Foundation Grants
Grace and Franklin Bernsen Foundation
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Capital Project, Applied Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Counties in Oklahoma: Creek County, Okmulgee County, Osage County, Pawnee County, Rogers County, Tulsa County, Wagoner County Expand all
Location of residency: Counties in Oklahoma: Creek County, Okmulgee County, Osage County, Pawnee County, Rogers County, Tulsa County, Wagoner County Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
NOTE: The Foundation’s Board meets monthly. To be eligible for consideration, complete proposals must be in the foundation office by Noon of the last business day of the month prior to the meeting that might review the request.
The Grace and Franklin Bernsen Foundation was created in 1968 to provide grants in support of charitable, educational, literary, religious, scientific purposes or, for the prevention of cruelty to children. By policy, the Foundation limits grants to non-profit organizations in Tulsa, Oklahoma, the home of Grace and Franklin Bernsen for more than six decades.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Support is limited to organizations serving the metropolitan Tulsa, Oklahoma community.
- To be considered, grant requests must be:
- Responsive to all foundation guidelines and
- Submitted by an applicant tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code.
- Capital, building and program funding are eligible for support.
- Multi-year commitments for significant projects are possible at the discretion of foundation trustees.
- Grant requests from elementary or secondary educational institutions will be considered only if they provide services for at-risk, disabled / learning disabled students or, if a well-documented and promising case can be made for offering an innovative program that benefit all children in a given school or school district.
- Applicants are limited to one request in any 12-month period
- The Foundation discourages grant requests from individuals, for general operating support, reduction of existing debt, or for programs previously supported by a GFBF grant
- On-going operational requests are occasionally, but rarely considered.
- Requests to sponsor events are rarely approved. See guidelines here.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Bernsen Foundation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.