SNAME Graduate Scholarships
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers (SNAME)Suggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $20,000
Next anticipated deadline: Feb 1, 2020 (Pre proposal)
Later anticipated deadlines: Feb 15, 2020 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Graduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers's Graduate Scholarships Program bestows multiple scholarships in honor of living and deceased SNAME Members. Applicants use a single application to apply for all scholarships within the program.
Since its inception in 1933, the SNAME Graduate Scholarship Program has awarded millions of dollars of scholarship awards to students in the naval architecture, marine engineering, ocean engineering and marine industry related fields.
Multiple awards are made annually, several of which are designated as follows:
- Wilbur N. Landers Scholarship
- William M. Kennedy
- Tommy L. Richards
- Alan C. McClure
- Frederick H. Todd
- David A. O'Neil
- Arthur J. Haskell Scholarship
- Walter M. and Doris H. Maclean Scholarship
- The Chester L. Long Scholarship
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Open to U.S., Canadian and International applicants who are members of SNAME, or another recognized marine society.
- Society membership is required not less than four months prior to the application submission deadline (i.e. October 1st).
- U.S. and Canadian applicants may study in the U.S., Canada, or abroad in approved institutions.
- International applicants must study in U.S. or Canadian institutions.
- Awards are made for one year of study leading to a Master’s Degree in naval architecture/marine engineering/ocean engineering.
- Applicants must not receive their Master Degree prior to April 15th of the academic year for which the scholarship applies.
- A graduate scholarship for NA/ME/OE will be awarded to an individual only once.
- Scholarship funds may be used for student tuition, textbooks and academic fees, or other academically related expenses in pursuit of study or research.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Applicants must be members of SNAME, or another recognized marine society. Society membership is required not less than four months prior to the application submission deadline (i.e. October 1st).
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the SNAME Graduate Scholarships by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.