Smithsonian Environmental Research Center: Graduate Student Fellowships
Smithsonian Institution (SI)Suggest an update
Grant amount: US $7,500
Anticipated deadline: Nov 1, 2019
Applicant type: PhD Student
Funding uses: Fellowship
Location of project: Maryland
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Scientists at the Smithsonian Environmental Research Center (SERC) on the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland conduct environmental research in temperate, tropical, and polar ecosystems across the globe. Recent research has highlighted the separate and interactive impacts of multiple global change factors on populations, communities, and ecosystems, including climate change, biological invasions, biodiversity loss, nutrient loading, trace element pollution, and habitat alteration. Insights gained in these studies will be crucial to developing science-based conservation plans that allow human societies to thrive while protecting our finite natural resources.
Graduate Student Fellowships
The Smithsonian Institution offers fellowships for advanced study at SERC at the graduate student level. The Institution is committed to training the next generation of scientists to meet the environmental needs of the 21st century.
Our research addresses such issues as:
- global climate change
- invasion biology
- estuarine ecology
- forest & wetland ecology
- solar radiation
- water quality & harmful algal blooms
- food web dynamics
- trace element & nutrient cycling
- coast & upland ecosystem processes
- plant-herbivore interactions
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Students formally enrolled in a graduate program of study, who have completed at least one semester, and not yet been advanced to candidacy if in a PhD program, are eligible.
- The Smithsonian Institution does not discriminate on grounds of race, creed, sex, age, marital status, condition of disability, or national origin of any applicant.
- Applicants are required to arrange sponsorship from one of the research labs prior to application.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Smithsonian Environmental Research Center: Graduate Student Fellowships by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.