Grand Haven Area Community Foundation Grants
Grand Haven Area Community FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Next deadline: Feb 20, 2019 (Letter of inquiry)
Later deadlines: Apr 3, 2019 (Full proposal), Aug 21, 2019 (Letter of inquiry), Oct 2, 2019 (Full proposal), Nov 21, 2019 (Letter of inquiry), Jan 2, 2020 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit Government Entity College / University Elementary / Secondary School
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program, Training / Capacity Building
Location of project: Ottawa County, Michigan
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Note: If you have an idea for a project, you may submit a Letter of Inquiry at any time. We recommend that you submit your Inquiry a minimum of 4-6 weeks before the grant deadline.
The Grand Haven Area Community Foundation will consider grants that seek to enhance the quality of life and promote a healthy, inclusive, collaborative, and diverse community in Northwest Ottawa County.
Arts & Culture
We believe that a community that embraces culture and the arts enriches all lives. We give priority to projects that:
- Bring regional and national art and cultural experiences and opportunities to the community ;
- Supports programs that deliver arts and cultural experiences to under-served populations of the community;
- Support the collaboration and growth of local arts and cultural organizations within the community.
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that a community’s effectiveness is enhanced when individuals with diverse backgrounds and perspectives are engaged throughout the community.
We give priority to projects that:
- Address equity, diversity, and inclusion within the community;
- Involve and empower the inherent worth and dignity of all people;
- Promote and sustain a sense of belonging within the community.
Economic and Community Betterment
We believe that energetic, vibrant communities are vitally important to the livelihood of all residents of Northwest Ottawa County. We encourage projects that:
- Support cooperation among municipalities, especially in the areas of recreation, transportation, as well as consolidated planning;
- Support the revitalization and beautification of areas of commerce in our region.
We believe that the youth of Northwest Ottawa County are our future. It’s important to us that we are serving all students of the community. Priority will be given to projects that:
- Address the barriers preventing students from pursuing post-secondary education opportunities;
- Improve student access to the necessary academic, social, and emotional resources required to reach their full potential;
- Support access to and participation in quality preschool programs, particularly those in under-served populations.
We believe that effective outreach should extend not only to our social community, but to our physical community as well. Priority will be given to environmentally focused projects that:
- Center on the preservation of natural green space and “smart land use” planning;
- Address critical water quality issues, including: near shore health, sustainability of wetlands, and non-source pollutants. Lake Michigan, the Grand River Watershed, Spring Lake, and local creeks and streams are of special concern;
- Promote environmental sustainability through alternative energy initiatives and recycling projects.
Health & Human Services
We believe that a successful, inclusive, and collaborative community should provide opportunities for people to live healthy and fulfilling lives. We give priority to projects that:
- Support access to physical and mental health services;
- Promote healthy lifestyles and relationships for all ;
- Address priorities based on data gathered through Community Needs Assessments and Community Health Improvement Plans;
- Support local health initiatives that are endorsed by multi-sector collaboration;
- Address human needs for underserved populations.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Grand Haven Area Community Foundation awards grants in the areas of Arts & Culture, Economic & Community Betterment, Education, Environment, and Health & Human Services to charitable organizations that are recognized under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- We are also able to award grants to units of government, educational institutions, and churches that are providing services which benefit the Tri-Cities community
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Grand Haven Area Community Foundation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.