Grant Healthcare Foundation Grant
Grant Healthcare Foundation
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $50,000
Next deadline: Aug 24, 2018 3:00pm PDT (Full proposal)
Later deadlines: May 11, 2019 3:00pm PDT (Letter of inquiry)
Applicant type: Nonprofit Indigenous Group Government Entity College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Cook County, Illinois
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Grant Healthcare Foundation
Grant Healthcare Foundation continues the long tradition of Grant Hospital of Chicago, founded in 1883 in the Lincoln Park neighborhood of Chicago as “a sanctuary in case of sickness or accident for all persons, without distinction of belief or religious conviction.”
Our mission is to support services of organizations dedicated to improving the health of the people of the Chicago area.
To achieve that mission, the Foundation awards grants in support of the following activities:
- Direct medical services provided by community organizations, including vision and dental care.
- Mental health care and services for the treatment of substance use disorders.
- Comprehensive reproductive care services.
- Preventive medical programs.
- Improved access to physical and behavioral health care for uninsured and vulnerable populations.
Most grants are for a term of one year. Multi- year commitments are rarely made and usually only after a finding that a specific project will not be implemented without such a commitment. Multi-year commitments are subject to annual review and timely receipt of all required reports.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be considered for funding an organization must be designated as tax-exempt under Section 501(c) 3 of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Grant Healthcare Foundation will accept proposals only for programs to be conducted within the Chicago area.
- Grant Healthcare Foundation is most interested in:
- Programs that provide direct health services within Chicago's most under served communities.
- Programs that increase access to care for underserved and vulnerable populations.
- Innovative models that have meaningful outcome measures in place to better understand the program's effectiveness and can be readily adapted for use by other organizations.
- Organizations with effective management and a broad base of support in their community.
- Organizations that have strong collaborations with other like-minded community organizations to leverage their work.
- Organizations that have not met reporting requirements will be barred from submission of any future applications to the Foundation.
- Grant Healthcare Foundation will not make grants to support:
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, sexual orientation, creed, age or national origin
- Religious purposes or religious organizations whose services are limited to any one sectarian group
- Political activity or lobbying
- Fundraising events
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Grant Healthcare Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.