Giving While Living Grants
Woodard & Curran Foundation
Grant amount: US $500 - US $2,000
Anticipated deadline: Jun 30, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia (US state), Illinois, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Wyoming Expand all
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
NOTE: We are not inviting applications for 1-year grants in 2018.
Woodard & Curran Foundation is a public nonprofit organization dedicated to making grants that empower local and global solutions for a healthier world. The Foundation's giving strategy focuses on this basic resource: clean water. Whether you live in an area where water supplies are plentiful or where water is scarce, concerns about water conservation, sanitation, and safe drinking water supplies are growing increasingly urgent, locally and globally.
Giving While Living Grants
The Foundation is committed to giving away as much money as possible, while still maintaining a healthy endowment. This intention informs our "giving-while-living" philosophy. In addition to awarding one Impact Grant annually, we also issue just over a dozen smaller 1-year grants to 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations across the country. Giving While Living grants range from $500-$2,000 and are funded entirely by donations from Woodard & Curran, Inc. employees, who share our passion for supporting projects dedicated to environmental stewardship and education.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- All applicants must:
- Be a U.S.-based organization;
- Have received 501(c)(3) non-profit designation as of the date of the application;
- Non-profits that do not have 501(c)(3) designation can submit under the umbrella of a partner 501(c)(3) organization. However, the grant would be issued to the 501(c)(3) partner so the applicant would need an arrangement for them to pass the funds on to the applicant's organization.
- Support the public at large (i.e., not a single individual);
- Not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, national origin, political persuasion, age, physical handicap, gender or sexual orientation.
- Track 1 grant applicants must also:
- Address the problem of water scarcity through STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) initiatives.
- Propose a project located in a state where Woodard & Curran Inc. either has an office or operates a treatment facility; specifically:
- CA, CT, FL, GA, IL, MA, ME, MI, MO, MT, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, TN, UT, VT, or WY.
- Additional preference will be given when those efforts include a defined educational component
- We do not fund houses of worship, political organizations, or political action committees.
- We do not accept applications from organizations that are based outside the U.S.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Giving While Living Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.