Grants for Travel and Research
Palestine Exploration Fund
Grant amount: £450 - £2,000
Anticipated deadline: Feb 23, 2019 8:00am PST
Applicant type: Graduate Student Faculty Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Cyprus; Iraq; Israel; Jordan; Lebanon; Palestine, State of; Syrian Arab Republic; Turkey Expand all
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within a few years of receiving their PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Although grants are open to all members of the PEF,
they have been specifically created to cater for the needs of academics and scholars at an early stage of
their career, as well as graduate students.
- They are designed to support individual, small-scale studies leading to the completion of a set piece of work, such as an article or thesis.
- There are no restrictions on the basis of nationality.
- PEF grants are intended to support direct costs of travel and maintenance to enable scholars to conduct research in the modern countries of the Levant.
- Limited expenditures for inexpensive equipment, such as
stationery, may also be considered.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Applicants must be current members of the PEF.
- NOTE: In 2018 the PEF is moving to Greenwich. Grant projects requesting access to PEF collections and library should be postponed until 2019.
- Grants are not intended to cover any of the following costs:
- computer hardware, specialist software, books
- costs of interpreters or government representatives in the field
- charges made by local government agencies
- research assistance or short-term costs for specialist staff such as conservators or illustrators
- costs of preparing illustrative material and fees for reproduction rights
- publication costs
- institutional overheads
- permanent resources or equipment, such as vehicles
- payment in lieu of salary, or for personal maintenance at home
- replacement teaching costs
- expenses for lecture tours or attendance at conferences
- PEF grants will not be awarded to individuals seeking to join training excavations or to supplement
individual travel costs to join existing projects with funding from other sources, unless the proposed
research has clearly defined and largely separate research aims and objectives.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Grants for Travel and Research by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.