The Campbell Foundation Grants
The Keith Campbell Foundation for the Environment
Grant amount: Up to US $25,000
Next anticipated deadline: Mar 30, 2019 5:00pm PDT
Later anticipated deadlines: Jun 29, 2019 5:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Preferred: California, Oregon, Washington Other eligible locations: Alaska, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Maryland, Oregon, Virginia, Washington Expand all
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Campbell Foundation is family foundation that believes in strategic infusions of funding, we dedicate nearly 100% of our grant dollars to the environment. As citizens of the planet, we are compelled to participate in the protection of natural resources in the communities where we live.
The Campbell Foundation’s Chesapeake program supports the implementation of policy initiatives and standards that best accelerate the pace of nutrient and sediment reduction in the Bay. We also seek to improve the Bay’s filtering capacity by supporting the protection of oysters, menhaden and their habitats.
The Chesapeake Bay restoration is crippled by lack of sustainable funding. The Campbell Foundation seeks to identify, broaden and enhance leadership and grassroots advocacy by building capacity for the networks that promote stronger environmental action.
Environmental media coverage is critical, especially as issues become increasingly complex. We will continue to support entities with the media and messaging skills to highlight Bay issues.
The Campbell Foundation’s Healthy Ocean Ecosystems program strives to identify opportunities in the field that a) are gaining political momentum, b) present a great opportunity to leverage resources of all kinds, and c) are innovative from a business and social perspective.
We allocate the resources of our Pacific Coast office to projects in these areas:
- Sustainable Fisheries (Domestic/Western US)
- Protection of Special Places (Domestic/Western US)
- Land-Sea Connection/Water Quality (Northern California)
- Communication of Ocean Conservation Issues
We are also increasingly concerned with models that predict the serious impact climate change will have on water resources in the western United States. We allocate a portion of our resources to bring together willing participants from competing interests to push for management changes that address these models.
Our mission to the Pacific Region is to safeguard the ocean environment of the Pacific Coast and elevate environmental issues in our culture by promoting the implementation and enforcement of adequate policies, leveraging the power of markets to advance sustainable economies and supporting innovative communication.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Campbell Foundation only supports US registered 501(c)3 organizations.
- We are accepting proposals for all subject areas and types of programs.
- Strong priority will be given to projects that improve water quality and promote healthy ocean ecosystems on the west coast of the United States.
- Fiscally-sponsored projects and private entities will not be considered.
- Organizations are eligible to apply for an unsolicited grant every other year. In other words, if you applied in August 2014 and were declined in September 2014, you would not be eligible to reapply until October 2016.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Campbell Foundation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.