Great Fish Community Challenge
Whitefish Community FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $20,000
Anticipated deadline: Feb 28, 2020 3:00pm PST
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program, Research, General Operating Expense
Location of project: Flathead County, Montana
Location of residency: Flathead County, MontanaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The mission of the Whitefish Community Foundation is to enrich the quality of life in the Whitefish area by fostering philanthropy, building endowments, and helping donors and nonprofits benefit our community.
The Whitefish Community Foundation offers support to nonprofits in the areas of Health, Human Services, Education, Sports & Recreation, Environment, Civic, Animals & Wildlife and Arts & Culture. We offer several grant programs to help nonprofits benefit our community.
About the Great Fish Community Challenge
In just four years in action, the Challenge has raised over $7 million benefiting over 55 different charities and supporting community causes such as expanding conservation, improving human services, advancing education, and enhancing local arts and culture.
The Great Fish Community Challenge is an innovative fundraiser that inspires our community to give, raises awareness, and helps charities raise important program money. In the end, charities earn a percentage matching grant from Whitefish Community Foundation.
The 2019 Challenge will launch July 25 and run through September 13. Join us for the Great Fish Community Challenge Color Run and Community Celebration September 7th.
Nonprofits in the Challenge work to raise money during the campaign. All gifts are processed through the Community Foundation. At the end of the campaign, Whitefish Community Foundation will provide a percentage match on the first $20,000 raised by each participating nonprofit. Learn more about the Match here.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be eligible to participate in the Great Fish Community Challenge, organizations must:
- Be located in Flathead County, Montana
- Provide a service or benefit to the residents of the greater Whitefish area
- Have 501(c)(3) public charity status with the IRS or be a government entity
- Have updated their GuideStar profile to achieve the GuideStar Bronze Level of participation
- Have received a Whitefish Community Foundation Community Grant in the past. Participation in the Community Grant Program allows the Grants Committee to become acquainted with an organization’s mission, programs, and needs through their application and a site visit
- If they have participated in previous Great Fish Challenge campaigns, complied with the rules, and submitted a Great Fish Challenge Grant Report by February 9, 2018
- Confirm that funds raised will not be used for religious or political programs
- Not be nonprofits that are sponsored organizations (a sponsored organization is defined as an organization that has a fiscal sponsor from which it receives funds, and the sponsored organization operates under the nonprofit status of the sponsor)
- Organizations may participate in either the Great Fish Community Challenge or the Give Local Flathead program, but not both
- Have a designated contact person with a current email address to receive communications from the Whitefish Community Foundation. Internet access is available at the Whitefish Community Library.
- Agree to comply with all the participation requirements, rules, and procedure.
- Educational institutions are not eligible to participate.
- (Educational institutions are defined as places where people of different ages gain an education, including preschools, childcare, elementary schools, and universities, and excluding places that offer classes in a specific activity, such as music or art).
- Funds may not be used for religious or political purposes.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Great Fish Community Challenge by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.