Greening STEM Integration Grant for Educators
National Environmental Education Foundation
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $5,000
Anticipated deadline: Apr 13, 2018 9:59pm PDT
Applicant type: Teacher
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Location of project: District of Columbia, Counties in Maryland: Anne Arundel County, Baltimore County, Baltimore city, Calvert County, Carroll County, Charles County, Dorchester County, Frederick County, Harford County, Howard County, Montgomery County, Prince George's County, Queen Anne's County, St. Mary's County, Talbot County, Washington County, Counties in New Jersey: Bergen County, Essex County, Hudson County, Hunterdon County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Morris County, Ocean County, Passaic County, Somerset County, Sussex County, Union County, Counties in New York: Bronx County, Kings County, New York County, Queens County, Richmond County, Franklin County, Pennsylvania, Counties in Virginia: Alexandria city, Arlington County, Clarke County, Culpeper County, Fairfax County, Fairfax city, Falls Church city, Fauquier County, Frederick County, Fredericksburg city, Loudoun County, Manassas Park city, Manassas city, Prince William County, Rappahannock County, Spotsylvania County, Stafford County, Warren County, Winchester city, Counties in West Virginia: Berkeley County, Hampshire County, Jefferson County Expand all
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
NEEF, with major funding support from Samsung, is offering a total of $12,000 in funding to educators in the New York City/northern New Jersey area and the Washington, DC metro area for programs that support the integration of Greening STEM into place-based, hands-on learning experiences on a public land or waterway. Grants will range in size from $1,000 to $5,000 each.
The natural world offers a compelling and universal context for investigations and applications of many STEM lessons, through an approach NEEF calls Greening STEM. Immersing students in the applications of Greening STEM locally, through place-based learning, provides a more familiar context for subject matter, grounding what students are learning in their immediate surroundings and helping them make connections between the environment and their own lives. Public lands and waterways provide an ideal outdoor classroom for place-based, Greening STEM education.
Through these grants, NEEF will support educators who are leading the way in Greening STEM education and provide support for continued development and innovation of school programs and projects connecting STEM with environmental education.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicant must:
- Teach K-12 students in an educational setting in the United States or eligible U.S. jurisdiction;
- Be an employee of a school district or informal education institution; and
- Anticipate a teaching assignment between April and December 2017.
- Proposed programming must take place within the New York City/northern New Jersey area or the Washington DC/Baltimore metro area.
- Previous grantees are eligible to apply for this grant.
- Grants funds can be used to cover costs associated with delivering programs (e.g., curriculum/materials development, field trips, program supplies, transportation, professional development, etc.), as long as the result of the funding creates lasting impact beyond the single event/use.
- Grant funds cannot be used for:
- Conducting lobbying, carrying on propaganda, or otherwise attempting to influence legislation;
- Influencing the outcome of any specific election through any means;
- Purposes other than charitable, scientific, or educational;
- Budget shortfalls, general support, or endowment funds;
- Land acquisition or real estate purchases;
- Individual scholarships or fellowships;
- Federal staff time;
- Reimbursement purposes (i.e., to cover costs associated with events or activities that have already occurred);
- Any costs not directly related to the funds requested in the proposal.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Greening STEM Integration Grant for Educators by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.