Greenville Women Giving Grants
Community Foundation of Greenville
Grant amount: US $50,000 - US $100,000
Anticipated deadline: Nov 30, 2018 9:00pm PST
Applicant type: Nonprofit Government Entity Hospital / Clinic Elementary / Secondary School College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Greenville County, South Carolina
Location of residency: Greenville County, South CarolinaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Greenville Women Giving (GWG) is a women’s collective philanthropic organization that serves Greenville County SC. Funding for grants is made available through the annual donations of GWG members and from other donor-directed contributions through the Community Foundation of Greenville. Grants are awarded once a year (in May) and are selected based on the cumulative voting of the entire GWG membership.
GWG seeks to fund worthy projects that have the potential for high impact and significant positive change in our community.
We welcome grant requests from non-profit, 501(c)3 tax-exempt agencies located within or offering services to the citizens of Greenville County SC.
GWG members believe that a healthy community requires strong programs and services in a variety of areas. GWG seeks to fund at least one grant in each of our five targeted areas.
Arts & Culture
GWG seeks to strengthen our community through arts by supporting projects that promote the creation of, access to, and appreciation of the arts, as well as programs that incorporate the arts as part of a multidisciplinary teaching program.
GWG promotes lifelong learning by supporting projects that educate individuals for a productive life from early childhood through higher education as well as those providing for teacher development, access to quality educational programs and job training.
GWG seeks to enhance our community by supporting projects that protect and preserve natural areas and resources, that improve outdoor recreational opportunities and parks, and that teach conservation, protection and the responsible use of natural resources.
GWG seeks to improve the overall health of the community by supporting projects that promote health, wellness and access to high quality healthcare for everyone, as well as projects that assist individuals in changing or avoiding unhealthy lifestyles or behaviors.
GWG seeks to address inequities within our community by supporting projects that address every individual’s needs for food, clothing, shelter and safety as well as projects that address underlying social problems.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must qualify as tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, either per se or under the auspices of a qualified fiscal agent, or be classified as a unit of government.
- Organizations must have a location and provide services in Greenville County, South Carolina.
- Organizations must not discriminate on the basis of age, race, national origin, ethnicity, gender, physical ability, sexual orientation, political affiliation or religious belief.
- Each organization may submit only one application per year.
- Exceptions are made for organizations that have 5 or more locations within Greenville County AND have at least 5,000 employees.
- The intent of Greenville Women Giving is to award grants that have the potential for high impact and significant positive change in the Greenville community.
- Therefore, GWG gives priority to projects that:
- Focus on one or more of the Greenville Women Giving funding areas:
- Arts and Culture
- Human Services
- Address a community need, an emerging community need, and/or provide a new, creative approach to a community need.
- Offer opportunities for collaboration and foster partnerships, as well as leverage other funding sources.
- Demonstrate the ability to achieve measurable results, provide clear action steps and a reasonable timeline and can show a clear plan for sustainability of the project (if appropriate).
- Clearly reflect how the grant funds will be used to accomplish the outlined goals and objectives.
- Greenville Women Giving does NOT provide funding for:
- Travel expenses and conferences
- Re-granting to other organizations
- Projects that are restricted to specific religious or political views
- Projects outside of Greenville County
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Greenville Women Giving Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.