Conservancy Trail Grants
New York State Hudson River Valley Greenway
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Aug 10, 2019 1:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit Elementary / Secondary School College / University
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Counties in New York: Albany County, Bronx County, Columbia County, Dutchess County, Greene County, Orange County, Putnam County, Rensselaer County, Rockland County, Saratoga County, Ulster County, Washington County, Westchester County Expand all
Location of residency: Counties in New York: Albany County, Bronx County, Columbia County, Dutchess County, Greene County, Orange County, Putnam County, Rensselaer County, Rockland County, Saratoga County, Ulster County, Washington County, Westchester County Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Hudson River Valley Greenway welcomes you to take part in the many exciting recreational trail efforts occurring throughout the Hudson Valley. The Greenway is helping communities and trail groups establish a system of trails that link cultural and historic sites, parks, open spaces, and community centers as well as providing public access to the Hudson River.
The goals of the Greenway Land Trail Program are to:
- Coordinate the designation and creation of a hiking/biking/paddling trail network, known as the Hudson River Valley Greenway Trail System, which provides physical and visual access to the Hudson River where possible;
- Promote and preserve the Hudson Valley’s recreational, scenic, natural, cultural, historic, and agricultural resources through carefully planned trail linkages and access points;
- Foster a community-driven, voluntary process for establishing and designating trails;
- Encourage the development of local trails that link to the Greenway Trail System and major trail corridors, forming larger area and regional networks;
- Support and encourage volunteer trail stewardship efforts;
- Enhance trails awareness and advocacy in the region;
- Contribute to the economic development of the Hudson Valley’s communities by creating trails, which support local businesses, complement tourism efforts, and make the valley a better place to live and work;
- Ensure that local communities have the tools they need to plan and develop trails through a program of technical assistance and grants.
This annual grant program is dedicated to funding recreational trail projects. Eligible project categories include:
- Trail Construction
- Trail Planning and Design
- Trail Rehabilitation or Improvement
- Trail Education or Interpretation.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Municipalities and not-for-profit organizations within the Hudson River Valley Greenway area are eligible to apply.
- Special consideration is given to projects that seek to implement the goals of the Greenway Trail Program.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Conservancy Trail Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.