GRHF: Responsive Grants
Greater Rochester Health FoundationSuggest an update
Deadline: The deadline for this grant has passed
Grant amount: US $25,000 - US $500,000
Fields of work: Health & Medicine Wellness & Healthy Living Health Disparities & Social Determinants of Health Health Care Access & Delivery
Applicant type: Nonprofit, Government Entity
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in New York: Genesee County, Livingston County, Monroe County, Ontario County, Orleans County, Seneca County, Wayne County, Wyoming County, Yates County Show all
Location of residency: Preferred: Counties in New York: Genesee County, Livingston County, Monroe County, Ontario County, Orleans County, Seneca County, Wayne County, Wyoming County, Yates County Other eligible locations: United States
About this funder:
We’re proud to share with you that we’re broadening our efforts to meet the current needs of our community by adding a new, Responsive Grant funding opportunity: Call for Ideas.
The COVID-19 pandemic and violence against people of color have further revealed the depth of these inequities, yet our response as a region can present a path forward in collective action to invest in community health and combat injustice.
We recognize that health involves much more than access to and use of health care services. To this end, we follow the World Health Organization’s definition which asserts that “Health is a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.”
Responsive Grants welcome community partners (community-based organizations, religious entities, educational institutions, government, and health care agencies) to help inform our priorities by bringing forward community voices and needs through projects, activities that address issues aligned with our mission to pursue and invest in solutions that build a healthier region where all people can thrive.
Understanding that only 20% of health occurs in the medical setting while 80% is influenced, often negatively, by systems and polices that create inequities and biases that prevent communities from having control of their own health, we’re seeking to work together with you to make some real changes!
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Responsive Grants are open to non-profit organizations located (or providing service in) Genesee, Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Orleans, Seneca, Wayne, Wyoming, or Yates counties.
- We’re looking to partner with a diverse array of organizations of all sizes and geographies to support activities that address the broad influences on health and well-being that support populations and communities who are challenged by inequities and disparities.
- Some examples of what we’re looking to fund include ideas, projects, programs/services, advocacy, and operational support, within historically marginalized communities, such as (Please note that these are examples and this is not an exhaustive list):
- Communities of color/indigenous communities
- Children and adults impacted by poverty
- Older adults