GSC Student Research Grant
Geological Society of Connecticut
Grant amount: US $500
Anticipated deadline: Mar 30, 2019
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Masters Student
Funding uses: Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Connecticut
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Geological Society of Connecticut is now offering a grant program for students doing field work in Connecticut.
Goals of GSC
- The advancement of the science and profession of geology and its related branches by encouraging education, research and service through the holding of meetings, maintaining communications, and providing a common union of its members;
- Contribution to the public education of the geology of Connecticut and to promote the proper use and protection of its natural resources;
- The advancement of professional conduct by those engaged in the collection, interpretation and use of geologic data.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Students must be at the undergrad level (Junior or Senior) or Masters level and have already declared as a Geoscience or Environmental Science major.
- They must have a faculty sponsor who is willing to provide a letter of endorsement for the project
- The grant is open to students doing field/lab work pertaining to the geology of Connecticut
- Students do not have to be Connecticut residents or students at a school in Connecticut but the focus of their work must be the geology of Connecticut.
- Eligible expenses can be for travel, equipment, conference expenses, photography, etc.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the GSC Student Research Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.