Guilford Foundation Competitive Grant
Guilford FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $500 - US $5,000
Deadline: Mar 12, 2020
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program, General Operating Expense
Location of project: New Haven County, Connecticut
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
The mission of the Guilford Foundation is to “connect people who care with causes that matter to them,” to enrich the quality of life in Guilford, CT now and for generations to come.
We fulfill our mission by building and maintaining a charitable endowment and making prudent grants that serve to address the ever-changing needs of the Guilford community. Larger requests may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
The Guilford Foundation seeks grants that enhance the quality of life in Guilford. Grant applications should address a need within the focus area and demonstrate impact on the organization, project, community, or persons served.
Applications should include some of the following elements:
- Address a documented need or concern of the focus area;
- Recognize and build on a community’s or organization’s strengths and assets;
- Build the capacity of community organizations and/or individuals to help themselves;
- Foster cooperative approaches to community issues through collaborations based on shared visions and mutual responsibility;
- Serve as a catalyst for attracting other resources, such as matching gifts; and
- Build infrastructure within the organization in order to meet its mission.
Focus Areas and Impact
The Guilford Foundation looks to fund organizations and projects that strengthen and improve Guilford in the following focus areas:
- Heritage Enhancement
- Human Services, Health, Housing
- Youth & Family
The Guilford Foundation holds several “field of interest” funds, including funds dedicated to youth, veterans or active military, the environment, and design/build efforts. During the application review process, the Board works to match applications with corresponding fields of interest funds.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants are awarded to 501(c)3 not-for-profit organizations and 170(c)(1) governmental agencies serving the Guilford community.
- Grants will be awarded to organizations that positively impact Guilford within the focus areas identified.
- Applications from previous grantees are welcome; continued funding will
be considered by the Community Investment Committee, but is not
- Grant awards cannot be used retroactively to pay costs for programs or services that have occurred in the past.
- The Guilford Foundation will not normally award grants to:
- Debt reduction
- Political organizations and campaigns
- Replace government funding sources
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Guilford Foundation Competitive Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.