Foundations & Educational Grants
Gulf Power FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: The deadline for this grant has passed
Applicant type: College / University Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Florida: Bay County, Calhoun County, Escambia County, Franklin County, Gadsden County, Gulf County, Holmes County, Jackson County, Liberty County, Okaloosa County, Santa Rosa County, Walton County, Washington County Expand all
Location of residency: Florida
About this funder:
A New Generation of Bright Sparks
Our future is in the hands of the next generation. We believe in empowering young people to make smart, informed decisions about energy use. And we want to take every step to ensure children are fully educated about the dangers, and the possibilities, of energy production.
At Gulf Power, we believe today’s students are tomorrow’s business leaders and workforce. In Florida we support efforts throughout the region to train and inspire our future.
Foundations and Educational Grants
To further deserving causes in education, Gulf Power Foundation offers educational grants to Educational Foundations in each county. The grants offers a number of benefits aimed at building knowledge and enhancing the quality of life and the economic well-being of our local communities.
The Foundation also donates scholarships to junior colleges and universities in Gulf Power’s service territory. Financial aid officers at the schools select deserving northwest Florida students to receive the scholarships.
In 2017, the Foundation awarded more than $458,000 to Northwest Florida organizations. Another $13,000 in matching funds went to 13 colleges and universities across the nation, matching contributions made by Gulf Power employees.
To help build stronger communities, the Gulf Power Foundation offers grants primarily to address poverty and education in the areas we serve. Grant proposals focused on human needs, community vitality and environmental stewardship will also be considered.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must be located within or serve a county inside Gulf Power’s service area and serve the community without discriminating on the basis of age, race, gender, sexual orientation or religion.
- Applicants must provide the following documentation with the grant request form:
- Tax exempt determination letter from the IRS indicating the organization as a 501(c)3 charitable organization.
- Florida Charitable Solicitation license, dated within one year.
- Description of goals, purpose and objectives of the organization.
- Current operating budget, including percentages used for program, administrative, fundraising and general expenses.
- Program or project budget for the requested grant, including all sources of financial support.
- Audited financial statement from the previous year.
- Most recent IRS Form 990.
- List of Gulf Power and/or Southern Company employees currently serving in any roles within the organization.
- Organizations are only eligible to receive one grant every calendar year.
- Unfortunately, the Foundation cannot consider grants for individuals, religious institutions, athletic teams or organizations whose primary focus is to support athletic teams, or grants for political campaigns/purposes.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Foundations & Educational Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.