GWCF COVID19 Response Fund
Greater Worcester Community FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $50,000
Fields of work: Disaster Relief / Humanitarian Aid Human & Social Services Health Care Access & Delivery
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program
Location of project: Worcester County, Massachusetts
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
The Worcester Together: Central Mass COVID-19 Fund was established by GWCF, United Way of Central Massachusetts (UWCM), Worcester Together, and a coalition of generous donors. While crisis response work continues, the Fund is pivoting to support the recovery of the nonprofit sector.
Granting Focus - Phase One: Rapid Response
Phase One: Rapid Response aim to complement the work of public health officials by expanding local capacity to address the outbreak’s social, health and economic impacts in the short and long term. Grants will be awarded to nonprofit organizations who are:
- Authentically connected to the greater Worcester community
- Serving populations whose needs are being exacerbated by the crisis - including, but not limited to:
- Front-line workers (first responders, healthcare workers, essential workers)
- Those facing physical, behavioral or emotional health challenges, including those with disabilities
- Children and seniors
- Communities of color, immigrants, refugees and undocumented individuals
- Those facing food-insecurity
- Homeless populations
- Incurring expenses above-and-beyond budgeted operating expenses due to meeting community needs resulting from the pandemic
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organizations will only be eligible for one Phase One: Rapid Response Grant.
- 501(c)(3) organizations and programs with a fiscal sponsor are eligible.
- Due to the rapid nature of this process, there is no appeal for funding decisions once made. Agencies that were denied and have not received prior funding from Worcester Together may reapply without bias.
- The program will not fund individuals or businesses.