H & R Block Foundation Grant
H & R Block Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $50,000
Next deadline: Jul 19, 2018
Later deadlines: Oct 18, 2018, Jan 11, 2019, Apr 19, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Kansas: Johnson County, Wyandotte County, Counties in Missouri: Clay County, Jackson County, Platte County
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
H & R Block Foundation Grant
Since 1974, The H & R Block Foundation has improved the quality of life by responding to the changing needs of people and communities through thoughtful, innovative, and responsible philanthropy. The Foundation aligns leadership and resources to create positive social change on important community issues.
The arts inspire and enrich the community by broadening our perspective. The Foundation invests in arts and cultural programs which demonstrate excellence and promote access for underserved individuals.
Thriving neighborhoods are the cornerstone of great cities. The Foundation supports neighborhood revitalization efforts that improve both the current residents' quality of life and the physical infrastructure of low income neighborhoods.
Learning is a lifelong process of developing an individual's capabilities to his or her fullest potential. The Foundation invests in programs ranging from early learning to adult literacy.
Stabilizing and improving the health and economic stability of individuals and families is critical to creating a pathway out of poverty. The Foundation supports programs that provide dental, mental, and physical health services, emergency assistance, housing, supportive services, employment and job training, and youth development opportunities.
A major emphasis of the Foundation's giving is on activities that serve underserved, low-income individuals in our five-county service area. These activities must improve, expand, or strengthen an organization and its services. It is important to note the Foundation does not generally provide support for ongoing programming and operations.
The Foundation does not have set minimum or maximum grant amounts but the majority of grants is less than $50,000 and average approximately $20,000. Grant amounts are determined based upon the total cost of the project and the amount of funding the Foundation has available. The Foundation usually makes one-year grants, however, will consider multi-year requests when appropriate.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Who is eligible for funding from the Foundation?
- Organizations that are tax-exempt from federal income taxation pursuant to Section 501(c)(3) and not classified as private foundations are eligible for funding.
- Additionally, the Foundation prefers to limit its funding to type II or III supporting organizations.
- What is the Foundation's geographic focus area?
- The Foundation focuses its funding on organizations that are based in and/or serve residents of Jackson, Clay, and Platte counties in Missouri, and Wyandotte and Johnson counties in Kansas.
- If your organization is located outside of the Foundation's geographic boundaries, you would be eligible if a significant number of your client population be from the five-county metropolitan area.
- The Foundation usually makes one-year grants, however, will consider multi-year requests when appropriate.
- The Foundation does not provide grant support to businesses, individuals, or organizations with a pending 501(c)(3) status.
- The Foundation does not generally support single-disease causes, publications, historic preservation, special events, animals, or sports.
- It is important to note the Foundation does not generally provide support for ongoing programming and operations.
- The Foundation does not provide sponsorships for special events, telethons, dinners, or conferences.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the H & R Block Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.