HACF: Emergency Relief Grant
Helena Area Community FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $500 - US $2,000
Fields of work: Disaster Relief / Humanitarian Aid Health Care Access & Delivery Child Care Services Basic Human Needs
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Montana: Broadwater County, Jefferson County, Lewis and Clark County
Location of residency: Counties in Montana: Broadwater County, Jefferson County, Lewis and Clark CountyView website Save
NOTE: Note to new applications after July 17, 2020: Funding is still available but is very limited. The Joint Grants Committee is meeting now meeting less frequently but will still review new applications until all funding is expended.
Helena Area Community Foundation (HACF) and United Way of Lewis and Clark Area (UWLCA), with support from PacificSource Health Plans, NorthWestern Energy, The Phyllis and Dennis Washington Foundation, JCCS Accounting, and many individual donors have opened an Emergency Relief Fund. Funds from this account will be disbursed as grants to 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations:
- Who are responding to an increase in demand due to COVID-19
- Who are having trouble meeting usual demand due to decline of revenue related to COVID-19
- Who are altering their program delivery models to reduce personal contact.
- Who require financial support to retool their organization or reopen their doors
- Who have an urgent need related to food, housing, transportation, childcare, or healthcare access.
Grants will be made between $500 and $2000 per nonprofit organization. We ask that organizations only apply for funding if they have urgent financial needs directly correlated to the COVID-19 outbreak that are not being met by their current donors or other funding sources.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible organizations include nonprofits in Lewis & Clark, Broadwater, and Jefferson Counties.
- Priority will be given to organizations:
- Who serve vulnerable populations, or
- Who serve a large number of clients, or
- Whose organizations require significant operating environment changes in order to continue their work