HAF: Grassroots Grant Program
Humboldt Area Foundation
Grant amount: US $200 - US $2,000
Next deadline: Sep 1, 2018
Later deadlines: Dec 1, 2018, Mar 1, 2019, Jun 1, 2019
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in California: Del Norte County, Humboldt County, Trinity County, Curry County, Oregon
Location of residency: Counties in California: Del Norte County, Humboldt County, Trinity County, Curry County, OregonView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Our Mission: Humboldt Area Foundation (HAF) promotes and encourages generosity, leadership and inclusion to strengthen our communities.
Humboldt Area Foundation believes in communities where everyone has access and opportunity, where everyone feels that they belong, and where residents work together to craft and implement solutions to local challenges.
Grant Program Details
The Grassroots Grant Program exists to strengthen the social fabric of communities and improve the lives of people in Humboldt, Del Norte, Trinity and Curry Counties.
For the purpose of this grant program, grassroots groups are considered to be community and neighborhood efforts for change that bring people together to organize around something important to them. The process of people coming together is just as important as the project itself.
These grants are typically $200-$2,000 each and are to support efforts of community group over the period of a year. Each year, HAF awards up to 10 Grassroots Grants.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Funding priority will be given to efforts that meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Community members working together to address a community issue, need or common goal.
- Are designed by and for the community in which the project takes place, with community members taking part in decision-making.
- Make use of existing community resources, skills and strengths.
- Value, encourage participation from, and include diverse community members (age, race, culture, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, faith).
- Develop leadership skills within the group.
- Partner with other community groups, programs, businesses, agencies and/or institutions.
- The Grassroots Grant program is not a source of ongoing annual funding. HAF usually does not support the same request twice.
- Grassroots grants do not fund civil disobedience, protest, non-violent resistance or litigation, and are not intended to support community service projects.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the HAF: Grassroots Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.