HAF: Summer Youth Program Grant
Humboldt Area FoundationSuggest an update
Anticipated deadline: Apr 15, 2021
Grant amount: Approximately US $400
Fields of work: After School /Summer Educational Programs Summer Camps Youth Services
Applicant type: Indigenous Group, Government Entity, Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Humboldt County, California
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
Summer Youth Program Grant
Supports non-profits that serve Humboldt County youth through programs offered between June 1 and September 1.
We are pleased to announce the Summer Youth Grant Program, funded in partnership by Humboldt Area Foundation, McLean Foundation, Patricia D. and William B. Smullin Foundation, and St. Joseph Health Humboldt County. The Summer Youth Funding Partnership is proud to have supported the efforts of organizations that provide safe and meaningful summer programs for the children and youth of our county for over 20 years.
The average grant awarded will be $400. However, we recognize that some summer programs have special needs, so will consider applications of over $400 in some circumstances. Our committee of funding partners and community volunteers will consider each application and prioritize those receiving additional funding based on the following criteria:
- Program serves a high number of low-income, disabled or otherwise disadvantaged youth,
- Program serves youth in an outlying area with few summer alternatives for productive activities,
- Program operating hours are extensive throughout the summer (i.e. every week-day all summer),
- Program serves extremely high numbers of youth,
- Program serves an at risk youth population.
- Programs that provide camperships / scholarships
- Programs that have multiple funding sources
The committee may also award additional funding to:
- Organizations that provide a large number of scholarships to their Summer Program,
- Organizations that have a Summer Program that requires no fee,
- Organizations that make good use of available resources and/or collaboration,
- Organizations with programs that provide developmental and not just recreational opportunities
- Organizations that request items that help ensure the safety of their program's participants
Grant resources are limited, so we ask that you apply for only what is sincerely needed. This funding is stretched to meet the needs of as many valuable summer programs as possible.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants will be awarded to non-profits serving Humboldt County youth for programs offered between June 1 and September 1.
- Travel outside of Humboldt County for summer activities and summer camps will not be funded.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”