Community Grants - Seed & Program Funding: Health & Wellness
Hampton Roads Community Foundation
Grant amount: US $10,000 - US $81,500
Anticipated deadline: Jul 1, 2019 2:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Virginia: Accomack County, Chesapeake city, Franklin city, Isle of Wight County, Norfolk city, Northampton County, Portsmouth city, Suffolk city, Virginia Beach city Expand all
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Hampton Roads Community Foundation connects you with charitable causes to improve life in our region. The community foundation manages permanent funds created by people from all walks of life. Its mission is to inspire philanthropy and transform the quality of life in southeastern Virginia.
Through the generosity of its unrestricted and field-of-interest donors, the Hampton Roads Community Foundation provides competitive Community Grants for Seed & Program Funding to help nonprofits do their best work.
Community Grants for Health & Wellness focus on improving the health of the region's citizens. Efforts supported include:
- Programs that support participant access to primary, dental, and/or mental/behavioral health. Behavioral health includes substance/drug abuse treatment.
- Sustained programs that encourage healthy behaviors that are known to reduce chronic diseases (e.g. Type II diabetes, heart disease, and lung disease) in populations that typically have a high rate of health disparity.
Grant proposals should address one or more of the following outcomes:
- Low-income individuals connect with a medical home and receive care/treatment that leads to an improved health status.
- Individuals who access oral care programs complete a dental treatment plan.
- Behavioral health needs or conditions of clients are improved.
- Participants increase their knowledge of chronic disease conditions and exhibit healthy behaviors that lead to improved health.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants should be nonprofits working to improve lives in South Hampton Roads.
- The Hampton Roads Community Foundation welcomes grant applications from 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations serving residents of South Hampton Roads, including:
- Eastern Shore of Virginia - Grants to Eastern Shore nonprofits are awarded in partnership with our affiliated Eastern Shore of Virginia Community Foundation.
- Isle of Wight County
- Virginia Beach
- Requests for funding minor equipment needs may be submitted as part of the grant request.
- Preference will be given to programs that place an emphasis on improving participants’ health literacy.
- If your organization has received a Hampton Roads Community Foundation grant in the past three years, it is NOT eligible to apply for funding for the same type of grant.
- Please also note that grants are generally not available for:
- Organizations not tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Fundraising events (such as tickets, raffles, auctions or tournaments), annual fundraising appeals or agency celebrations
- Ongoing operating support
- Capital projects and facilities and equipment upgrades that can be considered routine maintenance or replacements.
- Houses of worship
- Religious activities (organizations and activities that require religious participation by those receiving services)
- Political or fraternal organizations
- Endowment building
- Existing obligations, debts/liabilities or costs that an agency has already incurred
- Scholarly research
- Scholarships, camper fees, fellowships or travel
- Passenger vans for transporting youth
- National or international organizations or purposes
- Hospitals and similar health-care facilities unless applying for a Special Interest Grant
- Projects or services normally considered the responsibility of government*
- Private primary or secondary schools, daycare facilities or academies other than those whose primary purpose is for students with special needs.
- Capital campaign requests exceeding 5% of a campaign valued at $1 million or more
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Community Grants - Seed & Program Funding: Health & Wellness by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.