HHDC/PHF Seed Grant
Harold Hamm Diabetes CenterSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $45,000
Deadline: Feb 28, 2020
Applicant type: Faculty Working Professional
Funding uses: Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: OklahomaView website Save
About this funder:
The primary objective of the HHDC/PHF Seed Grant program is to provide a one-year grant for new OUHSC investigators to initiate diabetes research programs. Secondary objectives are to provide established OUHSC faculty with the opportunity to initiate new unfunded diabetes projects and to provide unfunded OUHSC faculty funds to initiate a diabetes research program.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Members (full Member category) only are eligible to apply who intend to utilize the results of their proposed project to compete for extramural funding.
- Any Member may apply, regardless of seniority or current funding.
- Mid-career or senior investigators who are currently unfunded or have significantly limited funding may also apply with significant justification of a diabetes research project can be pursued that will be competitive for extramural funding (although priority will be given to those applicants described below).
- Membership eligibility (full Member category):
- Faculty appointees (or their institutional equivalent) at any level who maintain diabetes as a primary and ongoing focus of their work; OR non-faculty with a terminal degree; AND
- From the University of Oklahoma (Health Sciences Center, Norman or Tulsa campuses); Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation; Oklahoma State University; or other affiliated not-for-profit institutions within the state of Oklahoma.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Applicants must have been accepted for membership prior to submitting applications.
- Priority will be given to:
- Junior investigators who are currently unfunded, or are seeking to initiate a new research project which have not been previously funded, and
- Mid-career or senior investigators who have not previously had active diabetes research programs, or who seek to develop an additional area of diabetes research.
- Indirect costs are not allowable.
- Funds may not be requested for the following.
- Salaries and fringe benefits for the Awardee(s) are not allowable.
- Salaries and fringe benefits are allowable for other faculty or personnel for their percent effort on the project.
- Clerical support, including office supplies, except those carefully justified as specifically required for research purposes
- Office equipment or furniture, laboratory furniture, or therapeutic equipment
- Alterations and renovations
- Hospital per diem charges
- Purchase of books, periodicals or library services
- Foreign travel
- Laboratory equipment costing over $5,000
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the HHDC/PHF Seed Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.