HHDC Travel Stipend
Harold Hamm Diabetes CenterSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $2,000
Next anticipated deadline: Apr 30, 2019
Later anticipated deadlines: Nov 2, 2019 2:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Graduate Student Postdoctoral Researcher Faculty Working Professional
Funding uses: Conference
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: OklahomaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
NOTE: Travel Stipend applications may be submitted at any time during the year outside of the regular Spring and Fall award cycles based on extreme circumstances outside of the applicant’s control, such as registration, acceptance of invitations to present, or similar deadlines. If the Travel Stipend requested is for a conference or professional society meeting which has a registration or commitment deadline prior to the notification date of Travel Stipends awarded listed on the HHDC website, please contact HHDC Administration as soon as possible. Every effort will be made to review applications and accommodate in such circumstances.
The primary objective of the HHDC Member Travel Stipend is to support
- the professional development and institutional recognition at conferences and professional society meetings, and
- the development or continuation of collaborative and educational relationships at other institutions
by providing funding for travel and associated costs.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Members, Associate Members, and Trainee Members are eligible to apply.
- Membership eligibility:
- Full Member: Faculty appointees (or their institutional equivalent) at any level who maintain diabetes as a primary and ongoing focus of their work; OR non-faculty with a terminal degree.
- Associate Member: Healthcare professionals without (a) a faculty appointment (or their institutional equivalent), or (b) a terminal degree, who maintain diabetes as a primary and ongoing focus of their work.
- Trainee Member: Those in accredited training or educational programs, including undergraduate and graduate students, residents, fellows, post-docs, and interns who demonstrate and maintain a focus on diabetes or related work as part of their training or educational program. Post-docs are eligible for Trainee Member category only.
- All must be from the University of Oklahoma (Health Sciences Center, Norman or Tulsa campuses); Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation; Oklahoma State University; or other affiliated not-for-profit institutions within the state of Oklahoma.
- Applications are required to either:
- Have been officially accepted for one of the following at a national society meeting, where the applicant’s affiliation with Harold Hamm Diabetes Center will be clearly stated in their title, biography, and any printed materials
- Session chair or co-chair a session
- Planning Committee
- Panel Member
- Oral or Poster Presenter
- Be pursuing the development or continuation of collaborative and educational relationships at other research or training institutions.
- Funds may be used for direct travel costs only, including transportation, parking, airfare, accommodations, and conference registration fees.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Applicants must have been accepted for membership prior to submitting applications.
- Preference will be given to travel for:
- Presentations at national professional society meetings promoting the member’s work and HHDC
- Chairing or serving on a committee or panel
- Development or continuation of collaborative and educational relationships at other research institutions
- Travel matched or partially funded from other sources
- Applications that are for attendance at a conference or meeting limited primarily to the applicant’s personal professional development will not be considered.
- Funds may not be requested for meals or gratuity.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the HHDC Travel Stipend by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.