Harriet Evelyn Wallace Scholarship
American Geosciences Institute
Grant amount: US $5,000
Anticipated deadline: Jan 3, 2019
Applicant type: Graduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United States
Gender restriction: Female
Minimum GPA: 3.0View website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Harriet Evelyn Wallace Scholarship was established from a bequest given to AGI by Harriet Evelyn Wallace, who was one of the founding members of the Geoscience Information Society (GSIS).
This scholarship is for the support of female graduate students in the United States studying the geosciences. A new scholar is named each year, and every scholar is eligible for up to two years of support. There will be one candidate from each degree-level selected.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- This scholarship is available to all women pursuing a Master's or Doctoral degree in the geosciences at an accredited U.S. institution of higher education in a recognized geoscience program.
- Successful applicants will be thesis-based, full time students and due to the nature of the position.
- Applicant must either be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Applicants must also be a member of at least one of AGI's member societies, a list of which is available here.
- Applicant must have at least 1 year remaining in the graduate program.
- The successful applicant will be awarded $5,000 for her first scholarship year.
- She will be eligible for a second year scholarship of $5,000 upon successful completion of her first year.
- Renewals will be a competitive "recompete" and scholar must submit additional materials to qualify and be considered.
- The successful applicant will have an undergraduate GPA of 3.25 or higher and a graduate GPA of 3.0 or higher.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Applicants must also be a member of at least one of AGI's member societies.
- We also strongly encourage incoming Master's students to apply.
- If the successful scholar graduates within the first year of the award, she will not be eligible to apply for a second year.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Harriet Evelyn Wallace Scholarship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.