Harriet Tanner Impact Grants
The Community Chest of EnglewoodSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $25,000
Anticipated deadline: Mar 29, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Capital Project, General Operating Expense, Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Bergen County, New Jersey
Location of residency: Bergen County, New JerseyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Community Chest supports Non-Profit Organizations that provide an array of services to Bergen County Residents.
Community Chest Program Priorities
- Service quality
- High Quality Program Management
- Documentation of Impact
Impact Grants (Harriet Tanner Impact Grants)
The Board of Managers of The Community Chest will consider proposals for special grants. While agencies may choose their own projects, this year The Community Chest has selected four priority areas, determined through discussions held at The Community Issues Summit held in June of 2017. Groups of local professionals discussed four major topics: mental health, education, hunger and services to seniors. Applicants for this year’s impact grants are encouraged to select one of the topics listed below and propose a program that offers services in this service area. (It is suggested that applicants review the documents generated from the Issues Summit available on The Community Chest’s website or by requesting a hard copy version from The Chest’s office.)
- Senior Citizens - programs to address social isolation
- Education - programs to address social and emotional learning
- Hunger - programs to address the problem of food insecurity or food waste
- Mental Health - program/system to facilitate mental health referrals from local agencies to the mental health center (e.g. from school programs, senior centers, afterschool programs)
These are one time only grants. Renewals may not be requested for these special projects. Applications for grants that are not for capital expenditures must include the plan for how the project will be funded in the future. Agencies may apply for Impact Grants for other purposes in the future but must take a three-year hiatus before making their next Impact Grant request. - Maximum grant requests - $25,000
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Criteria for applicants are as follows:
- Have 501c3 tax status.
- Agency in existence for a minimum of 2 years.
- May also be recipients of an annual grant during the same year.
- They must provide services to residents of Englewood, Tenafly and Englewood Cliffs (but may also provide services to others from other towns.)
- They must submit an application for funding, using the application form provided by The Community Chest. Applications must also include the agencies most recent audited financials.
- The application must also include a detailed explanation for how the funds will be utilized by the agency.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Harriet Tanner Impact Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.