Harris Foundation Grant
William H. and Mattie Wattis Harris Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $6,000
Next anticipated deadline: Mar 1, 2019 (Letter of inquiry)
Later anticipated deadlines: May 1, 2019 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Research, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming Expand all
Location of residency: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Description of Funding Opportunity
The William H. and Mattie Wattis Harris Foundation is a small family Foundation headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The Foundation gives grants for $6,000 or less that are concerned with the following areas: the arts, environmental conservation, preventative health care and population issues, and educational programs.
Areas of Support
- The Arts: Children's theater, documentaries, videos, and community outreach.
- Conservation/Education: Children's theater, documentaries, videos, and community outreach.
- Conservation/Field Work: Animal field research, no-kill animal shelters, protection of natural resources and wildlife sanctuaries.
- Educational Camps: Environmental, health and special needs camps.
- Preventative Health: Animals for the physically challenged, children's health, global populations, women's health.
The Foundation has a geographical focus for giving in the western United States, including the Rocky Mountains and intermountain regions.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organizations that qualify for 501(c)(3) status.
- The Harris Foundation does not fund individuals.
- Areas of non-support:
- Building funds or capital improvements
- Construction projects
- Humane societies
- Individual scholarships and student loans
- Legal defense funds
- Lobbying organizations
- Medical research
- Organizations and projects which are funded 50% or more by taxation income
- Private Foundations
- Private schools
- Religious organizations
- Road improvements
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Harris Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.