Harris Foundation Grant
William H. and Mattie Wattis Harris Foundation
Next deadline: Mar 1, 2023 (Letter of inquiry)
Later deadlines: May 1, 2023 (Full proposal)
Grant amount: Up to US $6,000
Fields of work: Art & Culture Animal Welfare - General Environmental Conservation Environment Youth Services Zoology Natural Resources Wildlife Rehabilitation & Sanctuaries Women's Health Preventative Healthcare Service Animals Epidemiology & Public Health Children’s Health & Pediatrics Children’s Mental Health Environmental Education Summer Camps Documentaries Show all
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Research, General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: Preferred: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming Other eligible locations: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Preferred: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming Other eligible locations: Anywhere in the world
The Harris Foundation envisions making the world a better place for the well-being and safety of plants, animals and human beings.
Areas of Support
The William H. and Mattie Wattis Harris Foundation funds organizations that qualify for 501(c)(3) status in five areas:
- Animal Welfare: sanctuaries, no-kill animal shelters, rescue, adoption and population control.
- The Arts: children’s theater, documentaries, videos, and Community outreach.
- Conservation: animal field research, protection of natural resources including conservation education programs, documentaries, videos, and community outreach.
- Educational Camps: environmental, health and special needs camps.
- Preventative Health: animals for the physically challenged, children’s health, global populations, women’s health.
The geographical focus for giving is concentrated in the western United States including the Rocky Mountains and intermountain regions. International Conservation & Global Population programs are also of interest.
The Directors consider projects for funding which identify root causes and develop innovative solutions.
Other criteria for funding are as follows:
- That the project be unique and have a far reaching impact with lasting benefits.
- That the organization be able to fulfill the goals set, and
- That there are specific plans for continuing the work started by this project.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organizations that qualify for 501(c)(3) status.
- The Harris Foundation does not fund individuals.
- Areas of non-support:
- Building funds or capital improvements
- Construction projects
- Humane societies
- Individual scholarships and student loans
- Legal defense funds
- Lobbying organizations
- Medical research
- Organizations and projects which are funded 50% or more by taxation income
- Private Foundations
- Private schools
- Religious organizations
- Road improvements
Don’t miss out on other good fit funders!
See even more similar funders to William H. and Mattie Wattis Harris Foundation by creating a free 14-day account. Get personalized grant recommendations, tracking and more.
“Through Instrumentl, I was able to accomplish in 6 hours...SIX HOURS...what would have taken days or weeks with [another] search engine.”