Harris Foundation Grant
William H. and Mattie Wattis Harris FoundationSuggest an update
Next deadline: Mar 1, 2021 (Letter of inquiry)
Later deadlines: May 1, 2021 (Full proposal)
Grant amount: Up to US $6,000
Fields of work: Art & Culture Animal Welfare - General Environmental Conservation Environment Youth Services Zoology Natural Resources Wildlife Rehabilitation & Sanctuaries Women's Health Preventative Healthcare Service Animals Epidemiology & Public Health Children’s Health & Pediatrics Children’s Mental Health Environmental Education Summer Camps Show all
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Research, General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming Show all
Location of residency: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming Show allView website Save
About this funder:
Description of Funding Opportunity
The William H. and Mattie Wattis Harris Foundation is a small family Foundation headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The Foundation gives grants for $6,000 or less that are concerned with the following areas: the arts, environmental conservation, preventative health care and population issues, and educational programs.
Areas of Support
- The Arts: Children's theater, documentaries, videos, and community outreach.
- Conservation/Education: Children's theater, documentaries, videos, and community outreach.
- Conservation/Field Work: Animal field research, no-kill animal shelters, protection of natural resources and wildlife sanctuaries.
- Educational Camps: Environmental, health and special needs camps.
- Preventative Health: Animals for the physically challenged, children's health, global populations, women's health.
The Foundation has a geographical focus for giving in the western United States, including the Rocky Mountains and intermountain regions.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organizations that qualify for 501(c)(3) status.
- The Harris Foundation does not fund individuals.
- Areas of non-support:
- Building funds or capital improvements
- Construction projects
- Humane societies
- Individual scholarships and student loans
- Legal defense funds
- Lobbying organizations
- Medical research
- Organizations and projects which are funded 50% or more by taxation income
- Private Foundations
- Private schools
- Religious organizations
- Road improvements