Harris & Frances Block Foundation Grant
Harris and Frances Block FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $15,000
Next deadline: Jun 1, 2019 (Full proposal)
Later deadlines: Dec 1, 2019 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Preferred: Colorado, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia Other eligible locations: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Block Foundation supports small grassroots not-for profit organizations with grants that work to foster just and sustainable communities. Highest priority is given to projects in the geographical locations of the trustees; Vermont and the Northeast, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia and Colorado but the foundation makes some grants outside of those geographical areas as well. The program areas include:
- Sustainable Agriculture and food systems
- Environmental and climate change activism
- Social and economic justice
- Community development
The Harris and Frances Block Foundation seeks to make the world a better place by addressing the root causes of social and environmental problems. Its goal is to promote positive social change through innovative approaches to community problem-solving.
The first step in applying to the foundation is a short letter of inquiry. We review letters on a continual basis. We acknowledge the receipt of all letters of inquiry unless they fall widely outside our funding guidelines.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants will only be awarded to non-profit, tax-exempt organizations or groups that work through a tax-exempt organization.
- Highest priority is given to projects in the geographical locations of the trustees:
- Vermont and the Northeast,
- North Carolina,
- West Virginia, and
- Funds will not be provided for legislative lobbying or to influence public elections.
- The foundation will not consider requests for endowments, capital construction, deficit financing, scholarships, fellowships, loans or grants to individuals.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Harris & Frances Block Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.