Harris & Frances Block Foundation Grant
Harris and Frances Block FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $25,000
Next anticipated deadline: Jun 1, 2020 (Full proposal)
Later anticipated deadlines: Dec 1, 2020 (Full proposal)
Fields of work: Climate Change Resilience Environmental Education Outdoor Recreation Forestry Nutrition & Healthy Eating Agricultural Education Economic Rights & Justice Health Care Access & Delivery Reproductive Rights Refugee Services Immigration & Refugee Rights Immigrant Services Food Access & Hunger Environmental Justice & Advocacy Show all
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Preferred: Colorado, North Carolina, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia Other eligible locations: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
The Block Foundation is a small family foundation established in 2001 to honor the memories of Harris & Frances Block and their daughter Carol Block Maurer. The foundation prioritizes the following areas:
- Issues pertaining to immigrants and refugees
- Reproductive rights, especially:
- Access to birth control
- Reducing unplanned pregnancies
- Access to abortion
- Secondary priority will be given to:
- Access to health care
- Livable wage campaigns
Environmental Protection & Justice:
- Local, grassroots organizing regarding climate change
- Environmental education opportunities, especially for children
- Efforts to work with underserved communities being disproportionately affected by environmental issues, such as the impacts of pipelines, flooding, and coal ash, that address root causes
- Protection of the forest ecosystem, specifically:
- Responsible outdoor recreation, and,
- Responsible harvesting and use of forest ecosystems
Food Access, With A Special Focus In Appalachia And Colorado:
- Nutrition and cooking education
- Farm to School programs, connecting public schools to local agriculture
- Farming education for children and youth
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Block Foundation supports small grassroots not-for-profit organizations with grants that work to foster just and sustainable communities.
- Highest priority is given to projects in the geographical locations of the trustees:
- North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, and
- Funds will not be provided for legislative lobbying or to influence public elections.
- The foundation will not consider requests for endowments, capital construction, deficit financing, scholarships, fellowships, loans or grants to individuals.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Harris & Frances Block Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.