Harry Chapin Foundation Grant
Harry Chapin FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $10,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: Preferred: New York Other eligible locations: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Harry Chapin Memorial Fund was created in 1981 with help from Harry’s former manager Ken Kragen and Kenny Rogers who donated $150,000 from a benefit concert. Elektra, Harry’s record label, also was a major donor in the beginning.
Harry’s widow Sandy Chapin has led the organization from the beginning. While the name was changed to the Harry Chapin Foundation, its mission has stayed the same – to help make a positive difference in communities around the country.
Let's move the world together, supporting...
- Arts in Education
- Community education
- Sustainable agriculture
- Environment and conservation
The mission of the Harry Chapin Foundation is to support organizations that have demonstrated their ability to dramatically improve the lives and livelihood of people by helping them to become self-sufficient.
We make grants covering a one-year period. In some instances, grant renewals are considered but are never automatic. The applicant for a renewal grant must submit a new proposal each year, along with a report of the activities of the preceding year.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- We will fund only 501(c)(3) not for profit programs that operate in the United States that fall within the areas of:
- Arts-In-Education Programs
- Community Education Programs
- Agricultural and Environmental Programs
- The Foundation mostly focuses giving grants to grassroots organizations with an annual budget cap of $500,000.
- No grants are made to individuals.
- Grants are never awarded for more than three consecutive years.
- Please make your application realistic. Do not inflate your request anticipating that you will get less than you requested. While we sometimes offer a smaller grant, it is also possible that we would not fund a request if we were unable to meet your stated needs.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Harry Chapin Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.