Harry W. Bass, Jr. Foundation Grant
Harry Bass Foundation
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $300,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Capital Project, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Dallas County, Texas
Location of residency: Dallas County, TexasView website Save Need help writing this grant?
We award competitive grants predominantly in Dallas County with a focus on early childhood education and literacy. While rare, grants outside Dallas County sometimes are considered. Grants to organizations in the areas of Health and Human Services, Civic and Community, Science and Research, Arts and Culture are also occasionally considered.
Grant requests are primarily considered generally in the areas of Youth and Education, and specifically for early childhood literacy (ages 0-8). Occasionally, our board might consider grant requests in other areas.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Under the terms of its charter, The Foundation can distribute grants only to qualified public entities or nonprofit 501(c)(3) endeavors.
- Unsolicited grant requests are restricted to organizations based in the Greater Dallas area (Dallas County).
- Occasionally we consider funding organizations outside the Greater Dallas area but prior approval from the Foundation is highly recommended before submitting a request.
- Grant requests are primarily considered in the areas of Youth and Education.
- We prefer to provide funding for specific programs, while less often for capital projects or general operating support.
- Due to our Board of Trustees’ focus on Youth & Education, we rarely provide funding to public entities or churches.
- In general the Harry W. Bass, Jr. Foundation does not make grants
- to construct churches or seminaries;
- to underwrite fundraising events, professional conferences, symposia, out-of-state performances or competition expenses; or
- toward general sustentation drives.
- We neither lend nor grant money to individuals.
- Endowment gifts are rare.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Harry W. Bass, Jr. Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.