Hawai'i Forest Legacy Grant Program
State of Hawai'i Division of Forestry and WildlifeSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Aug 19, 2020
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program
Location of project: Hawaii
Location of residency: HawaiiView website Save
The Forest Legacy Program is a Federal grant program that aids State’s in identifying important private forest lands that are threatened by development or fragmentation. Through the program, interested landowners are provided with alternatives to selling their land for development in order to cover costs associated with increased taxes, management of the land, among others by selling the land or a conservation easement on the property to a government organization. For more about the National Forest Legacy Program please visit the USDA Forest Service website.
The Hawaiʻi Forest Legacy Program targets forest lands as identified in the Hawaiʻi Forest Legacy Program Assessment of Needs (AON) and contribute to overall program goals, including:
- Protect Hawaiʻi’s unique and fragile environmental resources
- Encourage the protection of rare and/or endangered species
- Promote the preservation of aesthetic beauty in Hawai‘i
- Preserve watershed health and protect the sustainable yield of fresh water
- Protect working forests as economic assets for the state and counties of Hawai‘i
- Protect traditional and cultural forest practices and resources
- Protect recreational forest practices
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Participation in Forest Legacy is limited to private forest landowners.
- This program provides willing private landowners the opportunity to sell fee simple property, or conservation easement use-rights on their land to the State of Hawaiʻi for the purpose of preserving or restoring uniquely forested areas.
- The federal government may fund up to 75% of project costs, with at least 25% coming from private, State or local sources.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Hawai'i Forest Legacy Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.