Leahi Fund for Pulmonary Research: Junior Investigator Clinical Research Career Development
Hawai'i Community FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $50,000
Next anticipated deadline: Mar 6, 2020 6:00pm PST
Later anticipated deadlines: Mar 6, 2022 6:00pm PST
Applicant type: Faculty
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: HawaiiView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Leahi Fund for Pulmonary Research was established at Hawaii Community Foundation in 1994. The purpose of the Leahi Fund of the Hawai‘i Community Foundation is “to support programs of research and education in, and the prevention of, pulmonary disease.”
To increase the number of clinical researchers studying the causes and contributing to
intervention strategies that will reduce morbidity and mortality of pulmonary disorders in Hawai‘i, the Leahi Fund
seeks to support the career development of junior investigators pursuing a career in research in Hawai‘i. The Leahi
Fund Advisory Committee will review applications and make recommendation for grants that are most consistent
with the purpose and priorities of the fund.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- This biennial award is intended for junior faculty members who:
- are at the University of Hawai‘i and other Hawai‘i-based universities
- are committed to a career in clinical or translational research
- are at the beginning of their research career and therefore not yet competitive for career development awards (e.g. NIH K23)
- seek to complete 3-5 years of funded career development activity, as a bridge to being competitive for major national funding (e.g. NIH R01)
- Applicants must have a MD, a PhD, or MD/PhD degree.
- Applicants must identify a mentor with research experience.
- The research mentor may be based at a mainland institution.
- However, if a mainland mentor is chosen, a Hawaii mentor must also be identified who will serve therole as academic advisor.
- Research grants can only be approved for individuals affiliated with tax-exempt organizations classified by the Internal Revenue Service as 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations, or with units of government.
- This award is not intended for faculty in any other situation.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Leahi Fund for Pulmonary Research: Junior Investigator Clinical Research Career Development by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.