Hayswood Foundation Grant
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $140,000
Deadline: Aug 1, 2018 2:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Capital Project
Location of project: Counties in Kentucky: Bracken County, Fleming County, Lewis County, Mason County, Robertson County, Counties in Ohio: Adams County, Brown County Expand all
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Hayswood Foundation Grant
Our mission is to help groups and individuals obtain the tools needed to improve the lives of all of the citizens of our community.
We strive to fulfill this mission by providing grants to local non-profit organizations, to assist them in offering programs and services involving mental and physical health, and education. This mission is further fulfilled by administering scholarship programs that help local students realize their dreams of a quality higher education, and become productive members of their future communities.
Annually, the Foundation's Finance Committee makes a recommendation to the Board of Directors concerning the total amount of grant funds to be made available for distribution. That determination is based on many factors, including IRS requirements, the market value of the investment account, and the anticipated needs of the communities served. Under normal circumstances, no more than 10% of the total amount available may be granted to any one organization for purposes that are not considered "major capital projects." These grants are made for 1-year terms, and may or may not be subject to matching provisions.
The Foundation's current grant program has been in existence since 1985. It serves non-profit organizations located or operating in the northeastern Kentucky counties of Bracken, Fleming, Lewis, Mason, and Robertson, and the southeastern Ohio counties of Adams and Brown. Projects submitted for funding consideration must promote mental or physical health, or education. Since its inception, the grant program has awarded approximately $7.75 million for projects both large and small.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organizations must be recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as able to receive income tax deductible contributions from individuals.
- Applicants must provide a copy of their IRS determination letter to support their status.
- Organizations must either be located in the Foundation's geographical service area (Adams and Brown Counties in Ohio; Bracken, Fleming, Lewis, Mason, and Robertson Counties in Kentucky), or provide proof that all funds received will be used for the benefit of citizens of any part of this area.
- Capital projects are eligible.
- Matching Fund
- The grant must be distributed on a matching basis, with the Foundation providing $1 for every $2 raised by the grantee.
- Status most be in place by the application deadline. Preference is given to applicants with 501(c)3 status.
- Grants will not be made for programs involving political indoctrination or action, or which predominately involve social or religious indoctrination or action.
- Grants are not made to or for the benefit of individuals, but only to recognized tax-exempt organizations.
- No portion of any grant may directly benefit any officer, director, or member of any recipient organization, except in a manner that would indiscriminately benefit other members of the class to be served.
- Grants will not be made for the purpose of funding endowment funds.
- Donations not considered "qualifying" include:
- Donations that carry a restriction on their use, unless restricted for the purpose stated in the grant application.
- Donations that are encumbered by a mortgage, pledge, or other encumbrance.
- Donations received from local, state, or federal governments or quasi-governmental entities.
- In-kind donations, except for those that fall into one of the acceptable categories, above.
- The value of services provided to the grantee.
- Donations received in exchange for an equal value of goods or services.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Hayswood Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.