HCCF Grant Program
Hardin County Community FoundationSuggest an update
Deadline: Feb 28, 2021
Grant amount: US $300 - US $5,000
Fields of work: Education Art & Culture Recreation Health & Medicine Youth Services Human & Social Services Greening & Beautification Civic Affairs Community Development & Revitalization Humanities & Social Science Show all
Applicant type: Nonprofit, Government Entity
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: Hardin County, Ohio
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
The Hardin County Community Foundation was established to be the vehicle for those interested in fostering the present and future needs of the people of all ages in Hardin County in the fields of arts, health, education, recreation and beautification.
Our Mission Statement
- Improving the quality of life in Hardin County through charitable giving.
- Providing a vehicle for donors with varied interests to support charitable and community activities.
- Assessing and responding to emerging and changing community needs in the fields of education, youth services, recreation, arts and culture, social services, and civic and community development.
- Developing a permanent endowment for the community.
- Serving as a catalyst to initiate projects vital to the community.
The Foundation believes that federal, state and local governments have the resources and the primary responsibility for advancing issues involving healthcare, education, economic development and infrastructure.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Your organization must be recognized as tax exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- The Hardin County Community Foundation has a preference for proposals that:
- Develop innovative, creative and practical solutions to both current and emerging community needs
- Create programs that enhance the quality of life for a substantial number of residents
- Encourage volunteerism, civic and community involvement
- Facilitate compassion, efficiency and responsibility in the distribution of social services to the community
- Deal with the prevention and/or remediation of problems
- Support projects that create a long-term community resource
- Demonstrate that the funds will be well managed and effectively expended and that the project will become self-supporting when grant dollars end
- Play a role in assuring mutuality of interest, efficiency and the elimination of duplication of services
- Utilizes matching grant funds
- Improves the quality of life of our youth and senior citizen residents
- The Hardin County Community Foundation normally does not fund:
- Operating expenses, including salaries, utilities and annual campaigns
- Projects that promote any specific religion or beliefs
- Budget deficits or debt reduction
- Lobbying and/or any kind of political activity or organization
- Endowment funds
- Capital improvements to buildings and property not owned by the organization or covered by a long-term lease with the organization that is requesting the grant funding
- Work or projects that are already underway or have been completed
- Public Schools applying for a grant where the school facility is physically located outside of Hardin County will not be accepted with the exception of Riverdale Schools which at an earlier time was located in Hardin County.
- Grant applications from Riverdale Schools must specify where the event for which the grant requested is to be held.
- If it is to be held entirely in Hardin County then it will be funded to the extent it is allowed by the Grant Committee.
- If the event is to be conducted at the school or some other location outside of Hardin County, any grant allowed will be in proportion to the number of Hardin County Students attending/participating in said school function and benefiting from said grant.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”