HDR Foundation: Large Grants
HDR FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: More than US $15,000
Anticipated deadline: Aug 23, 2020 (Letter of inquiry)
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Note: Every grant applicant must include a letter of recommendation from any HDR employees who are actively involved in the organization. These employees will act as "employee sponsors" to help answer questions about the application process, but an HDR employee cannot fill out the application for an organization. If an applicant does not have an HDR employee sponsor, it will not be considered for a grant.
What We Support
Our work at HDR makes a difference in people’s lives. Through our Foundation, we seek to fund organizations located in the communities in which our employees live and work. Eligible applicants include U.S.-based 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations, federally recognized tribal governments, and political subdivisions such as school districts, instrumentalities or libraries.
We provide funding for discrete projects that show promise for lasting impact. Preference is given to fund nonprofits where HDR employees are highly engaged.
- Environmental science
- Consulting and planning
- Active lifestyles
- Wellness education
- Preventative healthcare
- Alternative healthcare delivery methods
- Active transportation modes, such as walking or biking
- Water, energy and waste reduction projects
- Innovative, small-scale renewable energy and water reuse
- Community-led environmental restoration efforts
We consider our large grants on an annual basis. The grants are greater than $15,000 and one year in duration. We will review multi-year requests only for projects with significant outcomes. In these cases, the grantee must clearly demonstrate the significance and advantage of funding a multi-year request. Our online application must be completed to be considered for any grant funding. Grant recipients will be contacted with the foundation's decision once approved by the Foundation Board.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- We provide small grants to 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations, federally recognized tribal governments, and to political subdivisions, such as school districts or libraries.
- Our giving is targeted to the communities in which our employees live and work, focusing on the U.S. or organizations that support global initiatives.
- We fund discrete projects with:
- HDR employee engagement
- Quantifiable outcomes
- Measurable impacts
- Clear scopes of work
- Detailed budget information
- Activities that are sustainable beyond the grant term
- We also give preference to organizations that have a high level of employee involvement.
- Preference is given to projects that affect work at the community level while providing tangible and measurable results.
- The HDR Foundation does not fund:
- Individuals, other than approved employee assistance programs
- Religious institutions
- Nontribal government agencies
- Operating support
- Outside endowments
- Travel support
- Pass-through funding
- Direct compensation
- Pass-through organizations (e.g., community foundations)
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the HDR Foundation: Large Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.