HDR Foundation - Small Grants
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $15,000
Next anticipated deadline: Feb 23, 2019
Later anticipated deadlines: May 25, 2019
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Note: Every grant applicant must include a letter of recommendation from any HDR employees who are actively involved in the organization. These employees will act as "employee sponsors" to help answer questions about the application process, but an HDR employee cannot fill out the application for an organization. If an applicant does not have an HDR employee sponsor, it will not be considered for a grant.
Focused, Community-based Giving
The HDR Foundation is centered on helping the communities where we are rooted. We strongly believe that giving back is not only a civic duty, but a privilege. As company founder, H.H. Henningson noted nearly a century ago, "There is always time enough for kindness." Therefore, it's the promise of the HDR Foundation to support organizations and activities that align with HDR's values and areas of expertise, with the benefits going to the communities.
Our Areas of Focus
The foundation's areas of focus mirror HDR's breadth of knowledge and expertise. We provide grants for projects that demonstrate direct impact as well as projects that can be replicated or scaled. Specific areas of focus include:
Our company, clients and communities benefit from a well-educated, skilled and informed population. Examples of projects we may fund include education projects that support:
- Environmental science
- Consulting and planning
Healthcare and Healthy Communities
With a healthcare design practice that is consistently ranked No. 1, we value the importance of healthcare and healthy communities. Examples of types of healthcare and healthy community projects we may fund include:
- Active lifestyles
- Wellness education
- Preventative healthcare
- Alternative healthcare delivery methods
We promote the value of environmentally responsible practices to our clients, employee-owners and communities. Examples of projects we may fund include:
- Projects that promote use and development of active transportation modes, such as walking or biking
- Water, energy and waste reduction projects
- Innovative small scale renewable energy and water reuse projects
- Community-led environmental restoration efforts that improve water quality, habitat and community green spaces
Small grants range between $5,000 and $15,000 and are distributed twice a year.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- We provide small grants to 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations, federally recognized tribal governments, and to political subdivisions, such as school districts or libraries.
- Our giving is targeted to the communities in which our employees live and work, focusing on the U.S. or organizations that support global initiatives.
- Preference is given to projects that affect work at the community level while providing tangible and measurable results.
- The HDR Foundation does not fund:
- Individuals, other than approved employee assistance programs
- Religious institutions
- Nontribal government agencies
- Operating support
- Outside endowments
- Travel support
- Pass-through funding
- Direct compensation
- Pass-through organizations (e.g., community foundations)
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the HDR Foundation - Small Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.