Health and Medical Services: John T. Sloper Community Fund Grants
Community Foundations of the Hudson Valley
Grant amount: Up to US $2,500
Next deadline: Oct 15, 2018
Later deadlines: Mar 15, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in New York: Dutchess County, Putnam County
Location of residency: Counties in New York: Dutchess County, Putnam CountyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The John T. Sloper Community Fund was established at the Community Foundation and endowed with the proceeds from the sale of Sloper-Willen Community Ambulance Service. Founded in 1958 by John T. Sloper, the company motto was: “That lives may be saved.” This fund was established to honor the legacy of John T. Sloper and the Sloper-Willen Community Ambulance Service, to promote and encourage people and organizations to provide emergency medical services, and to save lives.
The John T. Sloper Community Fund is requesting applications to promote programs in Southern Dutchess and Putnam counties, areas previously served by the Sloper-Willen Community Ambulance Service, by providing training and emergency medical equipment to enhance the delivery of emergency medical services to residents of those communities to improve accessibility to emergency heath services in order to save lives.
Through additional resources available from the Cardiovascular Fund, a very limited number of requests from all of Dutchess County may be considered for the same purposes outlined above.
Acceptable grant proposals include:
- Automatic External Defibrillator Devices (AED), including materials and training;
- Support for organizations to become First Responders in areas where none exist;
- Equipment to enhance delivery of emergency medical services
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Tax exempt organizations located in and/or serving communities formerly served by Sloper-Willen Community Ambulance Service (Southern Dutchess County, New York and Putnam County, New York) (John T. Sloper Community Fund).
- Tax exempt organizations located in and/or serving communities in the Dutchess County, New York (Cardiovascular Fund).
- Police departments, fire companies and volunteer ambulance services.
- Preference will be given to organizations who had not received funding in the previous six-month grant cycle.
- Organizations requesting funding for programs that are 100% funded through the State and/or other funding sources.
- Organizations requesting funding for basic EMT training.
- Organizations requesting funding for advanced EMT and paramedic training for individuals currently working in those professions.
- Organizations applying for funding for recertification programs.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Health and Medical Services: John T. Sloper Community Fund Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.