ACT on Health Equity Community Solutions Challenge Grant
Predicted deadline: May 13, 2023 8:59pm PDT
Grant amount: Up to US $25,000
Fields of work: STEM Education Health Care Access & Delivery Community Health Education Health Disparities & Social Determinants of Health Community/Public Safety Nutrition & Healthy Eating Environmental Health Show all
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United States
AstraZeneca hosts an annual open call for applications to support eligible 501(c) nonprofit organizations across the US for local and regional community-based programs. In 2022, the ACT on Health Equity: Community Solutions Challenge will provide up to $1 million in funding. Organizations may apply for up to $25,000 for each eligible program.
AstraZeneca recognizes health starts in our homes, schools and communities. The ACT on Health Equity: Community Solutions Challenge supports community-based, nonprofit organizations that are advancing health equity among underserved US communities through innovative health, wellbeing, and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) programs at the local and regional level.
Applications must meet the following general criteria:
Program Focus: Community-based programs to improve conditions that affect health and wellbeing (ex: housing, environmental and neighborhood safety, nutrition, access to care, and/or access to education and career readiness in the fields of science, technology, engineering and math).
Communities Served: Programs that directly benefit underserved populations and prioritize their social, cultural, and linguistic needs.
Program Footprint: Nonprofit organizations across the US are invited to apply for programs benefiting one or more local communities. While not a requirement, special consideration will be provided to programs that reach AstraZeneca footprint geographies (e.g., Delaware, Maryland, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Indiana, North Carolina, Texas and California).
Please read our frequently asked questions for more details.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The ACT on Health Equity Community Solutions Challenge is open for all eligible 501c organizations in the US delivering regional and local community-based programming. This includes local chapters of national organizations.
- Exclusions - The Community Solutions Challenge will NOT fund:
- Capital investments and unsolicited capital campaigns
- Fundraisers (e.g., events, galas)
- Healthcare provider salaries
- Media/awareness campaigns
- Meetings or conferences
- Professional education and/or training for healthcare professionals
- Research or clinical trials
- Programs currently receiving funding from AstraZeneca
- AstraZeneca does NOT support:
- For-profit organizations
- Initiatives outside the United States or its territories
- Journals or advertising
- Political causes, lobbying, fraternal or social organizations
- Religious organizations whose activities are not open to the general public
- Nonprofit organizations that discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, military service, veteran status or disability.
Don’t miss out on other good fit funders!
See even more similar funders by creating a free 14-day account. Get personalized grant recommendations, tracking and more.
“Through Instrumentl, I was able to accomplish in 6 hours...SIX HOURS...what would have taken days or weeks with [another] search engine.”