Shire Medical Education Grants
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
NOTE: Please note that Shire is no longer accepting Independent Medical Education Grant and Medical Sponsorship requests for programs occurring in 2018. Thank you for your understanding.
Please continue to submit your Independent Medical Education Grant and Medical Sponsorship requests for programs occurring in 2019. Request for support of programs occurring in 2019 will be reviewed throughout Q3-4 2018.
Independent Medical Education Grant
Independent medical education grants must be submitted at least 90 days before the start date.
Organizations may submit requests for:
- Independent Medical Education Grant
- Accredited and non-accredited Medical Education
- Fellowship Funding
Emerging Areas of Interest Include:
- Acute Antibody-Mediated Rejection (AMR) in Renal Transplant
- Cytomegalovirus (CMV) Infection Post Solid Organ or Stem Cell Transplant
- Metachromatic Leukodystrophy (MLD)
- Complications of Prematurity
- SCLC (small cell lung cancer)
- SLE and related conditions
- Potential role of ADAMTS13 and VWF in other pathologies
Therapeutic Areas of Interest Include:
- Internal Medicine
- Adrenal Insufficiency
- Gastrointestinal Disorders
- Short Bowel Syndrome
- Diseases associated with GI motility
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Adolescent ADHD
- Genetic Diseases
- Fabry Disease
- Gaucher Disease
- Hereditary Angioedema (HAE)
- Hunter Syndrome
- Ophthalmic Diseases
- Dry Eye Disease
- Ocular Surface Diseases
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin deficiency
- Primary Immunodeficiency Disease (PIDD)
- Secondary Immunodeficiency Disorder (SID)
- Protein C deficiency
- Pancreatic Cancers
- Other gastrointestinal cancers (like Biliary tract, Gastric, Esophageal)
- Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL)
- Congenital and acquired bleeding disorders
- Hemophilia A
- Hemophilia B
- Acquired Hemophilia (AHA)
- von Willebrand Disease (VWD)
- Inhibitor Management
- Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (TTP)
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Reputable healthcare or healthcare-related institutions and patient organizations may apply in ShireSupport for the types of funding provided by Shire.
- Deprioritised Areas of Interest for 2018:
- Educational grants pertaining to Irritable Bowel Disease and/or Ulcerative Colitis
- Shire is no longer accepting Oncology related donation, sponsorship, or medical education requests.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Shire Medical Education Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.