Healthy Communities Grants
Community Foundation of Westmoreland County
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $25,000
Anticipated deadline: Aug 30, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania
Location of residency: Westmoreland County, PennsylvaniaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Healthy Communities Impact Grants program is a NEW program designed to assist organizations who serve the most vulnerable populations in our communities.
At the heart of our mission, the Community Foundation of Westmoreland County is called to serve the most vulnerable of our population in Westmoreland County. Often times, vulnerable populations in our communities are also those individuals living in poverty. Poverty is a product and symptom of which people live. This adds to the creation of barriers to achieving physical health, mental health, well-being, educational attainment, economic prosperity, and quality of life, amongst others.
Healthy Communities Impact Grants is a county-wide initiative to provide nonprofit organizations with grants to support the physical, social, and emotional needs of our most vulnerable populations in Westmoreland County. The Community Foundation of Westmoreland County wishes to address widespread and overlapping community issues that address the root causes of poverty, support long term visions and solutions to move out of poverty, and, assist those with limited capacity, including low income, underrepresented and vulnerable populations, to live with dignity.
Grants ranging in size from $1000 - $25,000 will be awarded through this competitive Request For Proposal (RFP) process.
Health Communities Impact Grant Focus Areas
- Assist children, youth and young adults with being healthy, school ready, and productive citizens;
- Strengthen individuals and families to help them learn how to meet basic needs and build self-sufficiency;
- Empower and support individuals with low or fixed incomes through services that help them meet their basic needs;
- Help residents sustain a higher quality of life through innovative and culturally appropriate models that control and promote the prevention of disease, chronic illness and mental health.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must be a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization serving communities in Westmoreland County.
- Primary individuals impacted by the project must be those living at or below 200% of the
- federal poverty level
- Examples of eligible projects:
- Afterschool programs
- Access to healthy foods
- Homeless/housing initiatives
- Programs for those experiencing incarceration
- Health/wellness programs
- Employment readiness
- Mental health initiatives
- Healthy Communities Impact Grants will not provide grants to:
- Capital Campaigns
- Endowment Funds
- For-profit entities
- Fundraising events
- Public Schools
- Political Groups
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- County agencies or departments
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Healthy Communities Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.