Healthy Kids, Healthy Families (HKHF) Grants
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Montana (BCBSMT)Suggest an update
Predicted deadline: May 31, 2021 3:00pm PDT
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Pediatric Cancers Children’s Mental Health Suicide Prevention Addiction & Substance Abuse Children’s Health & Pediatrics Nutrition & Healthy Eating Physical Fitness Show all
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program
Location of project: Montana
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
Building Healthier Communities
At Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Montana (BCBSMT) promoting health and wellness is one of our core business goals, and it drives our community involvement. We're dedicated to helping Montana be a healthier place to live, work, and play. Here's how:
- Understanding What Communities Need: It takes more than a one-time grant or service project to make a lasting difference in the community. So, we seek out, support, and partner with organizations that already understand how to best meet the needs of their community and we do what we can to help their programs succeed.
- Being There: The best way to help a community is to be an active part of it. BCBSMT has a presence at diverse events throughout the state, sponsoring the Health and Wellness booths, volunteering in events throughout the year and coordinating healthy activities like the annual Governor's Cup running event.
Healthy Kids, Healthy Families®
Healthy Kids, Healthy Families (HKHF) is a Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Montana initiative designed to improve the health and wellness of children through community investments by the Blue Cross and Blue Shield plans of Health Care Service Corporation (HCSC). HKHF is a signature program of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Montana and part of an ongoing commitment to invest in and partner with nonprofit organizations that offer sustainable, measurable programs to reach children and their families in the following areas:
- Physical activity
- Disease prevention and management
- Substance Abuse Prevention
- Suicide prevention
Healthy Kids, Healthy Families Grants
If your organization shares our goal to improve the health and wellness of children through nutrition education, physical activity, disease prevention and management, or substance abuse prevention, we invite you to apply online.
For this grant program, we are deferring to the expertise of the applicants to educate us on the funding needed to run a successful program. We didn't want ranges to take away from the flexibility of the program since applications will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis, focused on outcomes and impact. The intention is that the request amount should reflect the robustness and effectiveness of the proposed program and be put within the context of the specific needs and challenges of the communities involved. Healthy Kids, Healthy Families looks to create strong collaborations and impact-based investments with our community partners and will focus on programs that facilitate that opportunity.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- In addition to aligning with one or more of our four areas of focus, the following criteria are required for review of all grant proposals:
- The organization must hold a 501(c)(3) tax status
- The grant must primarily target individuals in Montana
- The program must be measurable and demonstrate how the goals will be met as defined in the grant proposal
- Funding is not available for:
- Beauty or Talent Contests, and Related Activities
- Political Campaigns
- Religious Activities
- School PTA
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”