HEI Charitable Foundation Grant
Hawaiian Electric Industries (HEI) Charitable FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Next deadline: Apr 1, 2019
Later deadlines: Jul 1, 2019, Oct 1, 2019, Jan 1, 2020
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Hawaii
Location of residency: HawaiiView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Named one of the most charitable companies in the state, HEI Charitable Foundation is focused on community programs aimed at promoting environmental sustainability, educational excellence, economic growth, and community development. We take pride in serving and giving back to the community through volunteerism, grants, donations, scholarships, and our employee matching gift program.
Since 2010, the HEI Charitable Foundation has contributed more than $10 million to local charities and other nonprofit organizations. Moreover, our employees have donated or fundraised over $4 million, and volunteered more than 80,000 hours.
At HEI, we are proud of the contributions our companies make to our Hawaii communities – from stewarding and preserving our environment, to improving the economic well-being of our state, to helping our keiki (children) reach their full potential. Together, we are all working towards our vision of a better Hawaii.
While we support a diverse range of non-profit organizations, our philanthropic efforts are focused on supporting community programs across Hawaii in the following areas:
- Educational Excellence
- Environmental Sustainability
- Economic Growth
- Community Development
Generally, only one donation will be given in a calendar year to any non-profit organization. Multi-year and capital pledges are very limited. In addition, support from the United Way will be a factor in the consideration process.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Only 501(c)(3) organizations to which contributions are deductible for tax purposes under Section 170 of the Internal Revenue Code (1954) as amended will be eligible for assistance.
- Funds can also be donated to governmental entities provided that such funds are used for a public purpose in accordance with IRS rules governing 501(c)(3) charitable foundations.
- Particular consideration will be given to organizations or programs
- which demonstrate cost-effectiveness by maximizing the achievement of goals while utilizing a minimum of resources;
- in communities where the company has or will have a significant presence;
- which provide recognition and goodwill for the company;
- which further the well-being of the company’s employees and their interests;
- which enhance business development opportunities for HEI companies; and
- which are actively supported by volunteers from the company and/or foster camaraderie within.
- Contributions will not normally be provided for:
- activities to replace government support
- programs outside the areas served by HEI companies
- religious activities of a particular denomination
- veterans, fraternal or labor organizations, unless the purpose benefits all the people in the community
- political funds
- program advertising
- direct support for specific individuals
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the HEI Charitable Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.