Helen E. Ellis Charitable Trust Grant
Helen E. Ellis Charitable TrustSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $1,500 - US $20,000
Anticipated deadline: Sep 15, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Bristol County, Massachusetts
Location of residency: Preferred: Bristol County, Massachusetts Other eligible locations: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Helen E. Ellis Charitable Trust was established to carry on the life work of "Miss Ellis." A noted sculptor and artist, Miss Ellis was known throughout the community as a strong supporter of artistic talent and endeavored to enrich her community in the arts. As assistant curator of the Old Dartmouth Historical Society, she organized and promoted exhibitions that would foster public participation in the museum.
The Helen E. Ellis Charitable Trust strives to continue Miss Ellis’s work through grants that support cultural experiences for children and adults in the Westport, Dartmouth and the New Bedford, MA areas. The Helen E. Ellis Charitable Trust provides grants to organizations that create programs relating to arts, music, crafts, conservation, wildlife and history preservation.
The following types of requests may be submitted:
- Programs that provide educational or cultural experiences to children and /or adults in the towns of Westport, Dartmouth, and the City of New Bedford in Massachusetts; and
- Programs relating to conservation, wildlife, history preservation, and the promotion of the arts, music, and crafts in these areas.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- 501(c)(3) organizations are eligible.
- Preference shall be accorded to those submitted by organizations located within the Town of Westport, MA.
- Project/ program requests are preferred.
- The Foundation does not consider requests for the following:
- multi-year support
- capital campaigns
- academic or medical research
- religious or sectarian purposes
- operating budget items except for limited support of critical programming
- direct grants to individuals or other private foundations
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Helen E. Ellis Charitable Trust Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.