Helen Gertrude Sparks Charitable Trust Grant
Helen Gertrude Sparks Charitable TrustSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $15,000
Anticipated deadline: Aug 1, 2020
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: Preferred: Tarrant County, Texas Other eligible locations: Texas
Location of residency: Preferred: Tarrant County, Texas Other eligible locations: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Helen Sparks was born in Fort Worth, Texas, but went to college in the east. After graduation she returned to Fort Worth where she worked with the Fort Worth Little Theater. A cultured woman, she was interested in local artists and supported them by commissioning works. She also enjoyed literature and needlepoint. The Helen Gertrude Sparks Charitable Trust, which made its first distributions in 1971, was created to benefit charitable organizations focused on:
- The elderly, those who are disabled in any way
- Children who are disabled, orphaned or disadvantaged
- The arts, including performing and nonperforming arts
This foundation makes approximately 2-3 awards each year and grants are typically between $5,000 and $15,000.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Area served: TX
- Eligibility to re-apply for a grant award from the Helen Gertrude Sparks Charitable Trust requires organizations to skip 1 grant cycle (1 year) before submitting a subsequent application.
- For example, if your organization submitted a grant application for the August 2019 deadline and received a grant award within the same year, your organization would not be eligible to re-apply until August of 2021.
- "The Trustee shall always show preference for those organizations which do not receive the predominate portion of their funds from government sources."
- Preference is given to organizations, operating in, or serving Tarrant County.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Helen Gertrude Sparks Charitable Trust Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.