Helen Irwin Littauer Educational Trust Grant
Helen Irwin Littauer Educational TrustSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $25,000
Deadline: Mar 1, 2021
Fields of work: Nutrition & Healthy Eating Real Estate & Housing Food Access & Hunger Agriculture Occupational Health & Safety Workers’ Rights Workforce Preparation & Job Readiness Outpatient Medical Care / Home Health Care Patient Care & Services Palliative Care Disability Care & Services Child Welfare Services Recreation Hospital Care Health Facilities & Clinics Humanities & Social Science Basic Human Needs Human & Social Services Senior Services Special Needs Education Children With Disabilities Health Care Access & Delivery Civic Engagement & Education Education Art & Culture Academic Scholarship Programs Show all
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building, Capital Project, General Operating Expense, Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Tarrant County, Texas
Location of residency: TexasView website Save
About this funder:
Mrs. Littauer was born in Fort Worth, Texas, and was a descendant of the Cetti family, a prominent Fort Worth family. She earned a degree in journalism and worked in New York as an editor. In 1952, she moved to Connecticut and became an active community volunteer and was involved in city government.
As a result of her passion for teaching, she also worked with troubled youth and was honored with numerous awards for her civic endeavors. Mrs. Littauer established the Educational Trust in 1969 and remained involved in grant decisions until her death in 1989.
- Arts, Culture, & Humanities;
- Agriculture, & Nutrition;
- Housing & Shelter;
- Human Services.
The Trust considers requests primarily from charitable organizations that provide services to Tarrant County and is particularly interested in, but not limited to, charitable organizations that focus on:
- Scholarships that enable needy, but worthy boys and girls and young adults to attend school, college or university, with a particular emphasis on making scholarships; available for attending schools of journalism;
- Promotion of art, education and good citizenship;
- Alleviating human suffering;
- Medical care and treatment for all needy persons, including hospitals and clinics;
- Providing care, education, recreation and/or physical training for needy, orphaned or disabled children;
- Care of needy persons who are sick, aged or disabled;
- Improvement of living and working conditions of all persons.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Trust considers requests primarily from charitable organizations that provide services to Tarrant County.
- Eligibility to re-apply for a grant award from the Helen Irwin Littauer Educational Trust requires organizations to skip 1 grant cycle (1 year) before submitting a subsequent application.
- For example, if your organization submitted a grant application for the March 2019 deadline and received a grant award within that same year, your organization would not be eligible to re-apply until March of 2021.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Helen Irwin Littauer Educational Trust Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.