Helen Irwin Littauer Educational Trust Grant
Helen Irwin Littauer Educational TrustSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $25,000
Anticipated deadline: Mar 1, 2020
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building, Capital Project, General Operating Expense, Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Tarrant County, Texas
Location of residency: TexasView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Mrs. Littauer was born in Fort Worth, Texas, and was a descendant of the Cetti family, a prominent family in Fort Worth, Texas. She earned a degree in journalism and worked in New York as an editor. In 1952, she moved to Connecticut and became an active community volunteer and was involved in city government.
As a result of her passion for teaching, she also worked with troubled youth. She was honored with numerous awards for her civic endeavors. Mrs. Littauer established the Educational Trust in 1969 and remained involved in grant decisions until her death in 1989.
Arts, Culture, & Humanities; Education; Food, Agriculture, & Nutrition; Health; Housing & Shelter; Human Services
The trust is particularly interested in, but not limited to charitable organizations that focus on:
- Scholarships that enable needy, but worthy boys and girls and young adults to attend school, college or university, with a particular emphasis on making scholarships available for attending schools of journalism
- Promotion of art, education and good citizenship
- Alleviating human suffering
- Medical care and treatment for all needy persons, including hospitals and clinics
- Providing care, education, recreation and/or physical training for needy, orphaned or disabled children
- Care of needy persons who are sick, aged or disabled
- Improvement of living and working conditions of all persons
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Trust considers requests primarily from charitable organizations that provide services to Tarrant County.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Helen Irwin Littauer Educational Trust Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.