Helen J. Serini Foundation Major Grants
Helen J. Serini Foundation
Grant amount: More than US $5,000
Next deadline: Jun 30, 2018 (Letter of inquiry)
Later deadlines: Sep 30, 2018 (Full proposal), Jan 20, 2019 (Letter of inquiry), Apr 15, 2019 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program, Training / Capacity Building
Location of project: Counties in Maryland: Anne Arundel County, Baltimore County, Baltimore city, Frederick County
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The mission of The Helen J. Serini Foundation is to improve the quality of life and wellbeing for the community by funding organizations that connect at-risk and underserved youth and families with opportunities for improved education, vocational training, and healthcare.
We strive to rectify economic and social inequalities by providing financial support, advice, time and resources to qualified charitable organizations that are focused on social outreach programs, education, health, and family & children's issues. Wherever possible, The Helen J. Serini Foundation aims to combine one or more of these areas for the benefit of its target population.
Areas of Focus
- Poverty alleviation: employment, housing, food insecurity, childcare.
- Education: training, literacy, arts, and scholarship.
- Economic opportunity: job creation, employment training, financial literacy.
- Youth: after school programs, education, literacy, mentorships.
Our grantmaking strategies work to align the above areas of focus with our mission of supporting youth-oriented programming.
Types of Support
- General Operating Support Grants: "Keep the lights on" funding. General operating support grants are not restricted to a specific project or program within an organization, but instead intended to support the organization as a whole.
- Capacity Building Support Grants: Funds specifically intended to help an organization expand its capacity by expanding staff, investing in training opportunities, hiring outside consultants, or encourage collaboration between multiple organizations working in the same space.
- Program Support Grants: Grants to support a specific project within an organization or one particular program within a larger organization.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- We are currently accepting unsolicited LOI submissions from organizations that are operationally based in, or that provide services and support to, the communities where our board members and advisors live and work.
- This includes Anne Arundel County, Baltimore County, Baltimore City, and Frederick County.
- All organizations seeking funding, regardless of amount requested, are required to meet the following criteria:
- Provide services in and/or be based in one of our geographic areas of focus (exceptions may be made on invitation of the board).
- Provide evidence of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3), OR, in the case of international grantees, provide similar proof of tax exemption to the satisfaction of the Executive Director.
- Provide up-to-date contact details for regular communications.
- Adhere to the principles of the Foundation and the Foundation's mission statement.
- We focus our grants on organizations working to break the cycle of poverty in the communities in which we live and work.
- The Helen J. Serini Foundation will not make grants to the following:
- Organizations that engage in discriminatory hiring, benefit or service practices based on race, color, nationality or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law.
- Political Action Committees (PAC) or lobbying efforts (exclusive of research)
- 509(a)(3) organizations
- Religious institutions that have not submitted a 1023 form and/or received their 501(c)(3) status
- Reimbursement for prior expenses
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Helen J. Serini Foundation Major Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.