Henrietta Hutton Research Grant
Royal Geographical SocietySuggest an update
Grant amount: £500
Anticipated deadline: Jan 18, 2020
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Graduate Student
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Africa, Americas, Antarctica, Asia, Oceania, Eastern Europe, Southern Europe, Western Europe, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Sweden Expand all
Location of residency: United KingdomView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Henrietta Hutton Memorial Fund offers research grants to students who intend to undertake field research overseas as an individual or as part of a multi-disciplinary team. Two grants of £500 each are awarded annually. The intention is that one grant should go to an undergraduate and the other to a postgraduate student.
The grants are given in memory of Henrietta Hutton, a young Oxford graduate who died in 1963. She was a founder member of the Oxford University Women’s Exploration Club and a widely respected ornithologist.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must be students registered at a UK Higher Education Institution
- Applicants should show evidence of strong host country participation in the field research to be undertaken.
- Applicants must begin their field research the same year the grant is awarded.
- The field research must be of more than four weeks duration but does not necessarily have to be connected to the student’s academic studies.
- Applications to the Henrietta Hutton Research Grant are open to all students, male or female.
- Preference will be given to field research studies with a significant
geographical, social and/or environmental science or natural history
- Projects that involve joining an existing commercial organisation on a pre-paid tour will not be considered.
- The Society will not fund projects that take place in countries or within an area where the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advises against all travel before the project goes into the field.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Henrietta Hutton Research Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.