Henrietta Hutton Research Grant
Royal Geographical SocietySuggest an update
Grant amount: £500
Deadline: Jan 18, 2020
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Graduate Student
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Africa, Americas, Antarctica, Asia, Oceania, Eastern Europe, Southern Europe, Western Europe, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Sweden Show all
Location of residency: United KingdomView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Henrietta Hutton Memorial Fund was established in 1964, in memory of Henrietta Hutton, née Cooke, a University of Oxford student of Lady Margaret Hall. Henrietta was a keen ornithologist, Chairperson of the Oxford ornithologist Society and a founding member of the University of Oxford Women's Exploration Club.
The Henrietta Hutton Research Grant offers two to three grants of £500 annually to undergraduate or postgraduate students undertaking overseas field research as an individual or part of a team. The field research must last longer than four weeks, but does not have to be related to the student’s academic studies.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must be students registered at a UK Higher Education Institution.
- Applicants should show evidence of strong host country participation in the field research to be undertaken.
- Applicants must begin their field research the same year the grant is awarded.
- The field research must be of more than four weeks duration but does not necessarily have to be connected to the student’s academic studies.
- Preference will be given to field research studies with a significant geographical, social and/or environmental science or natural history element.
- Projects that involve joining an existing commercial organisation on a pre-paid tour will not be considered.
- The Society will not fund projects that take place in countries or within an area where the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advises against all travel before the project goes into the field.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Henrietta Hutton Research Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.