Henrietta Tower Wurts Memorial Grants
The Philadelphia FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $5,000
Next deadline: Feb 1, 2020
Later deadlines: Sep 1, 2020
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Project / Program, Education / Outreach, Capital Project
Location of project: Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania
Location of residency: Philadelphia County, PennsylvaniaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Henrietta Tower Wurts Memorial is a charitable foundation formed to carry out the wishes of Henrietta Tower Wurts, who died in 1933.
It supports programs in which a modest grant can play a significant part, and which have meaningful goals in relation to the total resources committed to them.
The Philadelphia Foundation provides administrative and management support services for the memorial. We receive grant applications and distribute grants approved by the Wurts Memorial’s Board of Directors.
Types of Projects Funded
Programs or General Operating Support for organizations serving disadvantaged children and youth and/or the elderly.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- For nonprofits serving this population
- Disadvantaged children and youth and/or the elderly in the City of Philadelphia.
- Requirements :
- Operating budget under $2.5 million;
- 501c3 status; and
- One year of financial data.
- Applications for national, state or regional organizations that have significant and defining programs in the city of Philadelphia may be considered.
- HTWM will consider applications for equipments, furnishings and limited renovations connected with specific programs.
- Proposals for capital expenditures or endowments are considered but are given a low priority.
- Ineligible organizations/ proposals:
- Organizations outside the city of Philadelphia;
- Organizations that have received three (3) consecutive years of funding;
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of:
- ethnic origin,
- sexual or religious preference,
- disability or
- Organizations with budgets over 3,000,000; or
- Proposals requesting for religious or political purposes.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Henrietta Tower Wurts Memorial Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.