Henry and Sylvia Richardson Research Grant
Entomological Society of America (ESA)Suggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Deadline: Jun 1, 2019
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within a few years of receiving their PhD
Minimum GPA: 3.0View website Save Need help writing this grant?
The purpose of this ESA grant is to provide research funds to postdoctoral ESA members who have at least one year of promising work experience, are undertaking research in selected areas of insect control, and have demonstrated a high level of scholarship.
It was established by Henry and Sylvia Richardson to assist in developing good research scientists to advance the science of entomology. Dr. Henry Richardson was an emeritus member of ESA.
The amount of the award is dependent upon the interest earned from the endowment. The grant is awarded at the ESA Annual Meeting. Prior to 2014 this award was offered and administered by the Entomological Foundation.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- A nominee must be a postdoctoral scholar, working in insect control by attractants, repellents, biological controls, thermocontrols, or chemical controls.
- Second priority will be given to those candidates working in insect control of medical or veterinary importance.
- If there is no suitable candidate in these categories, candidates working in physiology or toxicology may be considered.
- There is a maximum of two self-nominations allowed per award year.
- Nominations may be made by anyone.
- A grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale is also required.
- Any candidate nominated, but not selected, may be renominated no more than two times within the two-year period after his/her initial submission.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Henry and Sylvia Richardson Research Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.