Henry Mayo Newhall Foundation Grant
Henry Mayo Newhall Foundation
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $20,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in California: Fresno County, Los Angeles County, San Francisco County, San Luis Obispo County, Santa Barbara County, Ventura County Expand all
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Henry Mayo Newhall Foundation, established in 1963, is a private foundation incorporated under California law.
The mission of the Foundation is to improve the quality of life within the communities associated with the career and legacy of California pioneer Henry Mayo Newhall. These communities include San Francisco, the Santa Clarita Valley of Los Angeles County and the Santa Maria Valley in central California.
The Foundation accepts proposals on a continuing basis for the following program priorities:
- Academic and cultural enrichment programs for children and youth (e.g., math and science; fine and visual arts; performing arts; computer literacy; tutoring and mentoring).
- Agriculture, animal welfare and conservation programs.
- College scholarship programs.
- Historical preservation programs.
- Outreach programs for the disadvantaged (e.g., homeless shelters, food banks, health centers, domestic violence shelters, care for the elderly).
Grants are typically awarded for one year in the range of $5,000 to $20,000 and may be renewed based on grantee performance and program effectiveness. The Foundation does not assume any obligation to provide continuing support to grantees beyond the initial grant.
The Foundation will consider requests for multi-year funding to facilitate effective program planning by supported institutions.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Foundation accepts grant proposals only from nonprofit, tax-exempt charitable institutions as defined under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Grants are made in the Santa Clarita Valley, San Francisco, and Santa Maria Valley areas of California.
- The Foundation prefers to award matching or challenge grants that leverage its support with funding from other donors.
- The Foundation does not award grants, loans or scholarships to
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Henry Mayo Newhall Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.